Faculty Profile for Dr. Christi Townsend
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tiefenbacher, J. P., & Townsend, C. G. (2019). The Semiofoodscape of Wine: The Changing Landscape of the Cultures of Making, Selling, and Drinking Wine.
- Olson, E. J., & Townsend, C. G. (2018). An ArcGIS Model for Avalanche Risk Assessment in the North Cascades, Washington. Papers in Applied Geography, 4(2), 193–204. Retrieved from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23754931.2018.1425632
- Dixon, R. W., Moore, T. W., & Townsend, C. G. (2016). Baseline Climatology of Sounding-Derived Parameters Associated with Atlantic and Gulf Coast Tropical Cyclone Tornado Clusters. Papers in Applied Geography, 1–8.
- Townsend, C. G., Butler, D. R., & Dixon, R. W. (2016). The Challenge of Growing Wine Grapes in the Hill Country: An Evaluation of Changing Grower Perceptions of Natural Hazards in Texas Vineyards. Papers in Applied Geography, 2(1), 105–112.
- Townsend, C. G., Connolly, M. H., & Whitesides, C. J. (2016). My Friend, The Fire Ant”: A Preliminary Analysis of the Role of Fire Ants in Grapevine Health. Papers in Applied Geography, 2(1), 85–95.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi. April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2nd Place, Association of American Geographers Wine Specialty Group Student Paper Competition. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Graduate College Scholarship. 2009 - 2011
Selected Service Activities
Non-tenure Line Committee of the Faculty Senate: Liaison for the Department of Geography
Johnson High School Band Boosters
February 2019-May 2020
Department of Geography Alumni Reunion and Student Celebration