Faculty Profile for Dr. Christi Townsend
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Dixon, R. W., Moore, T. W., & Townsend, C. G. (2016). Baseline Climatology of Sounding-Derived Parameters Associated with Atlantic and Gulf Coast Tropical Cyclone Tornado Clusters. Papers in Applied Geography, 1–8.
- Townsend, C. G., Butler, D. R., & Dixon, R. W. (n.d.). The Challenge of Growing Wine Grapes in the Hill Country: An Evaluation of Changing Grower Perceptions of Natural Hazards in Texas Vineyards. Papers in Applied Geography, 2(1), 105–112.
- Townsend, C. G., Connolly, M. H., & Whitesides, C. J. (n.d.). My Friend, The Fire Ant”: A Preliminary Analysis of the Role of Fire Ants in Grapevine Health. Papers in Applied Geography, 2(1), 85–95.
- Dixon, R. W., Peters, S. L., & Townsend, C. G. (2015). Burrowing Preferences of Atlantic Ghost Crab, Ocypode quadrata, In Relation to Sand Compaction in Padre Island National Seashore, Texas. Physical Geography, 1–14.
- Hiner, C. C., Townsend, C. G., & Lavy, B. L. (2014). Harm J. de Blijs 1983 Wine: A Geographic Appreciation. Progress in Physical Geography, 38(5), 674–684. https://doi.org/10.1177/0309133314540691
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi. April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2nd Place, Association of American Geographers Wine Specialty Group Student Paper Competition. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Graduate College Scholarship. 2009 - 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Adriana Samantha Visser Memorial Scholarship. 2010
Selected Service Activities
Non-tenure Line Committee of the Faculty Senate: Liaison for the Department of Geography
September 1, 2014-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Agricultural Science
August 2018-August 2018
Texas Water ESRI Middle School and High School GIS Map Competition
May 14, 2018-May 14, 2018