Faculty Profile for Dr. Yongmei Lu
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Robinson, A., Bonnette, A., Howard, K. J., Ceballos, N. A., Dailey, S. L., Lu, Y., & Grimes, T. (2019). Social Comparisons, Social Media Addiction, and Social Interactions: An examination of specific social media behaviors related to major depressive disorder in a Millennial population. Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research.
- Zhan, Z., Dong, W., Lu, Y., Yang, P., Wang, Q., & Jia, P. (n.d.). Real-time forecasting of hand-foot-and-mouth disease outbreaks using the integrating compartment model and assimilation filtering. Scientific Reports.
- Yang, J., Cheng, Q., Zhang, H., Lu, Y., Xu, B., & Gong, P. (2018). Health Cities: Unlocking the power of cities for a healthy China. The Lancet (Vol. 391, pp. 2140–2184). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)30486-0
- Li, C., Lu, Y., & Wu, X. (2018). Climate change and dengue fever transmission in China: Evidences and challenges. Science of Total Environment, 622–623, 493–501. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.11.326
- Yuan, Y., Wei, G., & Lu, Y. (2018). Evaluating age and gender representativeness of location-based social media: A case study of Weibo. Annals of GIS, 24(3), 163–176.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University. August 1, 2014 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Leading Delegate of Texas State University to the Unicersity Consortium of Geographic Information Sciences. 2003 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Liberal Arts Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activity, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elsevier Atlas Award for publication of research paper with broad impact, Elsvier Publishing. 2016
- Howard, Krista J (Principal), Ceballos, Natalie A (Supporting), Grimes, Thomas (Supporting), Dailey, Stephanie Layne (Supporting), Lu, Yongmei (Supporting), Lee, Hsun Ming (Supporting), Sharma, Shobhit (Supporting), Lawrence, Grayson B (Other). Does Social Media Make Us Sick? A Pilot Study on the Effects of Social Media on Physiological Reactivity and Mental Health, MIRG, Texas State University, $23784. (Funded: July 2018 - Present). Grant.
- Lu, Yongmei (Principal). Coordinating between Beijing and its Surrounding Areas for the Development of National Main Functional Regions, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, $80000. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
- Lu, Yongmei (Principal). Spatial Pattern and Socio-economic Analysis of Juvenile Offense and Offenders’ Travel Behavior in Dallas and Surrounding Counties: One of the two components for the Risk Assessment Instrument Pilot Project, Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division, $8500. (Funded: 2005). Grant.
- Lu, Yongmei (Principal). Urbanization in Socialist China: A planning process or a marketing process?, Texas State University Library Research Grants, $1300. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
- Zhan, F (Principal), Lu, Yongmei (Co-Principal). Border Health and Environment Threats Security, United States Department of Defense, $94933. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Annals of AAG
Central Texas Food Bank
Editorial Review Board Member
Urban, Environment and Urban Systems
Women and Gender Research Collaborative
Mentored 4 tenure-track faculty members in the Department of Geography