Faculty Profile for Dr. Ronald R Hagelman III
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hagelman III, R. R. (2018). Bringing the City into the Citadel: A Service-Learning and City-Collaborative Research Partnership in Austin, Texas. Retrieved from http://www.aag.org/
- Lavy, B., Hagelman III, R. R., & Weaver, R. C. (2018). Changes In Urban And Agricultural Water Use In The Lower Colorado River Valley Of Texas. Retrieved from http://www.aag.org/
- Zavar, E., & Hagelman, R. R. (2018). Resilient Landscapes: The Reconstruction of Southeastern Connecticut Following the 1938 Hurricane. Professional Geographer, 70(3), 443–452. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1080/00330124.2017.1417138
- Hagleman, III, R. R. (n.d.). TEACHERS: AMERICA’S SECOND RESPONDERS. National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE). Retrieved from http://ncge.org/entries/awards/ncge-president-s-column-what-one-award-can-do
- Zavar, E. M., Hagelman, III, R. R., Lavy, B. L., & Prince, B. (2017). Land-Use Change at Temporary Group-Housing Sites in Post-Katrina Louisiana. Natural Hazards Review, 18(3). Retrieved from https://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/%28ASCE%29NH.1527-6996.0000243
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. November 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regional Councilor: Southwest Division of the Assocation of American Geographers, Southwestern Division of the Association of American Geographers and Applied Geography Conference Joint Meeting. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Texas State Graduate Student Forum. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2012
- Zavar, Elyse (Principal), Lavy, Brendan (Co-Principal), Hagelman III, Ronald R (Co-Principal). Recovery of Tourism-Based Economies Along Texas Gulf Coast After Hurricane Harvey, University of Colorado Natural Hazards Center through its Quick Response Grant Program/National Science Foundation, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2000. (Funded: August 2018). Grant.
- Hagelman, III, R. R., Huynh, N., Davis, J. M.. Conditions of Children's Place, Play, and Services in Emergency Shelters, Quick Response Grant, $2000. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Laska, S., Hagelman, R. (Co-Principal), Howell, S.. Howell. 2004. (Co-PI). Southeast Louisiana Citizen Evacuation Behavior Study, Federal Emergency Management Agency, 1437 DR-LA, $350000. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth (Principal), Eichler, Matthew (Co-Principal), Hagelman, III, Ronald R (Co-Principal). Boots to Roots: Preparing Female Veteran and Hispanic Veterans in the Agricultural and STEM Degrees, National Institute of Food and Agriculture/USDA, Federal, $274991. (Funded: September 1, 2015 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Hagelman, Ronald R. Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Proposal: A Geographic Case Study of Floodplain Buyouts in Lexington, Kentucky, National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposal Number: 1332997. (Submitted: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
City of Austin Office of Sustainability
September 2018-August 2019
Faculty Evaluation Committee
August 2018-August 2019
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Floodplain Risk Managment
Reviewer / Referee
Natural Hazards Review