Faculty Profile for Dr. T. Edwin Chow
Dynamic population estimation
Big data analytics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Chow, T. K. E. (2019). A crowdsourcing-geocomputational framework of mobile crowd simulation and estimation. Cartography and Geographic Information Science, 46(1), 2–20.
- Chow, E. T., Schuermann, R. T., Ngu, A. H., & Dahal, K. R. (2018). Spatial mining of migration patterns from web demographics. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 32(10), 1977–1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2018.1470633
- Chow, T. K. E., & Martinez, A. (2018). Site selection of offshore wind farms using fuzzy modeling: A case in Massachusetts. Northeastern Geographer, 10(1).
- Chow, T. K. E. (2018). When GeoAI meets the crowd (pp. 52–53). https://doi.org/10.1145/3281548.3281551
- Chow, T. K. E. (2018, June). The accelerating polarization of head count in June 4th Candle Vigil. Retrieved from https://thestandnews.com/society/六四集會人數統計兩極化加劇/
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor honor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Scholarship Society. November 2018
- Chow, T. Edwin (Supporting), Ng, Hoi Kit Michael (Principal), Wong, Wing Shun David (Co-Principal), So, Billy K (Co-Principal). Mapping Colonial Justice of Early 20th Century Hong Kong (1900-1941): A Historical GIS Study, Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), RGC General Research Fund (GRF), $125511. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Healthy Parks Plan Technical Advisory Team
Trust for Public Land
University Consortium of Geographic Information Science
October 2018-September 2020
Research Grant Committee of AAG
January 1, 2015-December 1, 2018
Reviewer / Referee
Cartography and Geographic Information Science
October 2018-October 2018
Reviewer / Referee
September 2018-September 2018