Faculty Profile for Dr. Monica Lynn Schoch-Spana
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schoch-Spana, M. L., Gill, K., Hosangadi, D., Slemp, C., Burhans, R., Zeis, J., … Links, J. (n.d.). The COPEWELL Rubric: A Self-Assessment Toolkit to Strengthen Community Resilience. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Brunson, E., Chandler, H., Gronvall, G. K., Sell, T. K., Shearer, M. P., & Schoch-Spana, M. L. (n.d.). The SPARS Pandemic 2025-2028: A Futuristic Scenario to Facilitate Medical Countermeasure Communication. Journal of International Crisis and Risk Communication Research.
- Schoch-Spana, M. L., Gill, K., Hosangadi, D., Slemp, C., Burhans, R., Zeis, J., … Links, J. (n.d.). Top-Down and Bottom-Up Measurement to Enhance Community Resilience to Disasters. American Journal of Public Health.
- Schoch-Spana, M. L., Hurtado, C., Meyer, D., Moore-Sheeley, K., Ravi, S., & Snyder, M. (2019). Risk Communication Strategies for the Very Worst of Cases. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.
- Schoch-Spana, M. L., Brunson, E. K., Chandler, H. C., Gronvall, G. K., Ravi, S., Sell, T. K., & Shearer, M. P. (2018). Anticipated Communication Dilemmas Involving Medical Countermeasures in an Emergency. Public Health Reports, 133(4), 366–378.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor for 2015. November 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Anthropology Fellowship Award, School of Arts and Sciences, Johns Hopkins University. 1995 - 1996
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Anthropology Fellowship Award, School of Arts and Sciences, Johns Hopkins University. 1989 - 1991
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduated magna cum laude, with Honors in Anthropology, Bryn Mawr College. 1986
- Schoch-Spana, Monica Lynn (Principal). Mass Population Displacement after Nuclear Terrorism: How to Hasten & Strengthen the Recovery of Uprooted, FEMA; Gryphon Scientific (C), $20000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Schoch-Spana, Monica Lynn. Center for the History of Business, Technology, and Society Grant, Hagley Museum and Library. (Funded: 1996). Grant.
- Schoch-Spana, Monica Lynn. Summer Research Travel Grant Johns Hopkins University Program in Atlantic History, Culture and Society. (Funded: 1989). Grant.
- Schoch-Spana, Monica Lynn. Lita Osmundsen Summer Fieldwork Fund Grant, Johns Hopkins University Department of Anthropology. (Funded: 1989). Grant.
- Links, Jonathon (Principal), Inglesby, Thomas (Co-Principal), Kendra, James (Co-Principal), Schoch-Spana, Monica Lynn (Supporting). Enhancement and Development of a Stakeholder-focused Production Environment for the Composite of Post-Event Well-being (COPEWELL) – A Dynamic Model of Community Functioning and Resilience, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Federal, $2899881.00. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Critical Infrastructure Policy
Roundtable on Risk, Resilience, and Extreme Events, National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine
January 1, 2019-Present
Editorial Board Membership-Associate Editor
Homeland Security Subcommittee of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Board of Scientific Counselors
Reviewer / Referee
INQUIRY: The Journal of Healthcare Organization, Provision, and Financing
May 9, 2019