Faculty Profile for Dr. Kimberly Dawn Belcik
Biography and EducationKim Belcik, PhD, RN-BC, CNE is a clinical assistant professor at the St. David's School of Nursing at Texas State University. Kim graduated from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor with a BSN in 2002 and completed her PhD in 2011 at the University of Texas at Austin. She has been an active member of the Texas Nurses Association since 2002 and has served as the Vice-President as well as the chair of the Policy Council. Go to http://kimbelcik.wp.txstate.edu/
to learn more about Dr. Belcik.
Teaching InterestsLead transforming the St. David’s School of Nursing to become an Apple Distinguished School.
Research InterestsBecome the national expert in blockchain technology in nursing.
Recognition as an expert in creating cultures of scholarly caring at schools of nursing.
Build a unique program of research which re-envisions the relationships between and among nursing faculty and nursing students.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Belcik, K. D. (n.d.). Co-creating Partnership Agreements with BSN Students. Nurse Educator, 44.
- Co-created, The Work That Makes All Other Work Possible.
June 28, 2018.
- Texas Folklife Stories Summer Institute Listening Party. June 28, 2018 Worker's Defense Project, 5604 Manor Road, Austin, TX.
- Belcik, K. D. (2018). After Dr. Manthey Left Town: What Happened When a Busy Mom Was Inspired to Host Her First Nursing Salon. Creative Nursing, 24(1).
- Belcik, K. D. (2017). After Dr. Manthey Left Town: What Happened When a Busy Mom Was Inspired to Host Her First Nursing Salon. Creative Nursing, 23(1).
- Belcik, K. (2016). We’re In New Territory: A Multi-Generational View at Using Facebook to Support Colleagues. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 47(7), 302–305. https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20160616-05
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Health Professions Faculty Excellence Award in Service. August 25, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Service Faculty Award, St. David's School of Nursing. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Outstanding Clinical Teaching Award, St. David's School of Nursing. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2015 Faculty Excellence Award in Service, College of Health Professions. April 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Innovations in Nursing Education Award, University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing. May 17, 2011
- Belcik, Kimberly Dawn. Nursing Faculty Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $1453. (Submitted: September 30, 2015). Grant.
- Belcik, Kimberly (Principal). Nursing Faculty Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $7000. (Submitted: October 1, 2014). Grant.
- Belcik, Kimberly (Principal). Program for Teaching and Learning, Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Development & Assessment, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $800. (Submitted: 2013). Grant.
- Belcik, Kimberly (Principal). Information literacy competencies of nursing students in a baccalaureate nursing program, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5950. (Submitted: January 1, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Board of Trustees
Wells Branch Community Library
November 28, 2018-Present
School of Nursing Liaison
August 23, 2018-Present
August 28, 2017-Present
Student Nursing Organization
April 1, 2016-Present
Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
January 1, 2013-Present