Faculty Profile for Dr. Regina Jillapalli
Biography and EducationI earned my Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from the College of Nursing, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. I graduated with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Lubbock, Texas, and post-master’s degree in Family Nurse Practitioner from West Texas A & M University, Canyon, Texas. I earned my doctorate degree in 2019 from The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing. I have more than 20 years of teaching and nursing experience, which includes: adult medical-surgical, critical care, and pediatric nursing. I have earned numerous Excellence in Teaching Awards from the College of Health Professions and from the graduating seniors.
Teaching InterestsAdult Medical-Surgical Nursing and Critical Care Nursing
Research InterestsHealth screening behaviors.
Social determinants of health in minority populations.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jillapalli, R. (n.d.). An Ethnographic Study Exploring the Cultural Beliefs Influencing Cervical Cancer Screening Behaviors among Asian Indian Women in the United States. Oncology Nursing Forum.
- Kim, S. C. (2020). [Review of Impacts of peer tutoring on academic performance of first-year baccalaureate nursing students: A quasi-experimental study, by R. Jillapalli & S. L. Boyd]. Nurse Education Today. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2020.104658
- Bloom, R. D., & Jillapalli, R. (2020). Incorporating Oncology Simulation in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Oncology Nursing Forum, 47(2), E55. https://doi.org/10.1188/20.ONF.E55
- Jillapalli, R. (2017). Community-based game intervention to improve South Asian Indians’ engagement with advanced care planning. Journal of Ethnicity and Health. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1357068
- Jillapalli, R. (2017). Community-based game intervention to improve South Asian Indians’ engagement with advanced care planning: A pilot feasibility study. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1111/jnu.12293
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, President, Texas State University. August 21, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstandingt Faculty in Teaching, Graduating students, School of Nursing. May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Excellence in Didactic Teaching, Graduating Students, School of Nursing. May 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Health Professions. August 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: 10 Years of Service to the University, Texas State University. August 2009 - August 2019
- Jillapalli, Regina (Principal), Johnson, Alisha H (Co-Principal). Nursing Innovation Grant Program: Supporting Clinical Learning Experiences to Mitigate Impediments due to COVID-19, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $120000. (Submitted: September 2020, Funded: November 2020 - November 2022). Grant.
- Jillapalli, Regina (Co-Principal), Erbin-Rosemann, Marla (Principal). Nursing Innovation Grant Project: Building Lab and Simulation Capacity, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $129480. (Submitted: October 1, 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Testing Committee, Texas State University School of Nursing
CHP Grievance Committee
Faculty Assembly, Texas State University School of Nursing
Curriculum Committee, Texas State University, School of Nursing