Faculty Profile for Janene Jeffery
Biography and EducationGraduate of Texas Christian University with BSN in 1969. Attained MSN from University of Texas - Austin in 1985. Staff RN 1969 - 1972 at several medical centers. Faculty member of Univ of Nebraska College of Nursing from 1972-1974. Joined University of Texas College of Nursing faculty for Spring semester 1975 and began faculty position with VNG progran at Austin Community College in summer 1975 through Feb. 1981. Served with Texas Board of Vocational Nursing as Director of Education from 1981 - 1983. After working on MSN, taught in ACC's ADN Program 1985- 2010. Between 2010 - 2013 worked with ADN students in Hawaii Community College - Hilo before returning and joining the Tx State Nursing faculty. Currently am an Associate Professor.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jeffery, J. (2016). Presenter at Texas EMS Conference, Breakout Sessions.
- Jeffery, J. (2016). Presenter at 2007 Texas EMS Conference, Educators Track.
- Jeffery, J. (2016). Keynote Speaker for Opus Healthcare Solutions Biennial Users Group Conference.
- Jeffery, J. (2007). Fundamentals of Nursing. In Caring and Clinical Judgment: Chapter on Loss.
- Jeffery, J. (2004). Fundamentals of Nursing. In Caring and Clinical Judgment: Chapter on Loss.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Who's Who of America's Teachers. 2004
- Award / Honor Recipient: Who's Who of America's Teachers. 2002
- Award / Honor Recipient: Who's Who of America's Teachers. 1999
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Excellence Medal from National Institute of Staff & Organizational Development (NISOD), University of Texas Austin. 1998
- Award / Honor Recipient: Who's Who of America's Teachers. 1996
Selected Service Activities
Ethics Committee: St. David's - Round Rock Medical Center
Due Process Hearing Adjudicator Training
November 7, 2018-Present
January 15, 2017-Present
Sigma Theta Tau Int'l Nursing Honor Society - Chi Psi Chapter
April 22, 2016-Present