Faculty Profile for Dr. Scott Kruse
Biography and EducationDr. Clemens Scott Kruse is a Professor in and Director of the School of Health Administration. He earned his Ph.D. in Health Related Sciences from the Virginia Commonwealth University, M.B.A. in the Management of Technology from University of Texas at San Antonio, M.H.A. from Baylor University, an M.S.I.T. from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and B.S. in Systems Engineering from the United States Military Academy. Dr. Kruse has taught at both the undergraduate and graduate levels since 2007. Since he was hired at Texas State University he has published 54 full-length manuscripts in national or international peer-reviewed journals (37 first author), presented 29 posters at national conferences, published seven abstracts in conference proceedings, and submitted five grant/gift proposals. Since 2014, he provided peer-review of 68 full-length manuscripts submitted to two national and six international academic journals.
Teaching InterestsManagement of health information systems, ethics, leadership
Research InterestsManagement and Adoption of Health information technology, Patient portals, Medical Informatics, Telemedicine, Adoption factors of electronic health records, Adoption factors of computerized provider order entry, Barriers to adoption of electronic health records, Barriers to adoption of computerized provider order entry, Mobile health, Health information exchange, Security of health information technology, Ethics of the use of health information technology, and Leadership.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Beauvais, B. M., Kruse, C. S., Fulton, L. V., Brooks, M. S., Lee, K. A., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., … Mileski, M. (2021). Testing Kissick’s Iron Triangle - Structural Equation Modeling Analysis of a Practical Theory. Healthcare, 9(12), 1753. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare9121753
- Shanmugam, R., Fulton, L., Ramamoonjiarivelo, Z., Betancourt, J., Beauvais, B., Kruse, C. S., & Brooks, M. S. (2021). A Report Card on Prevention Efforts of COVID-19 Deaths in US. Healthcare, 9(1175), 1–13. https://doi.org/doi.org/ 10.3390/healthcare9091175
- Brooks, M. S., Beauvais, B. M., Kruse, C. S., Fulton, L. V., Mileski, M., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., … Lieneck, C. H. (2021). Accreditation and Certification: Do They Improve Hospital Financial and Quality Performance? Healthcare, 9, 887. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare9070887
- Beauvais, B. M., Kruse, C. S., Fulton, L. V., Shanmugam, R., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., & Brooks, M. S. (2021). Association of Electronic Health Record Vendors With Hospital Financial and Quality Performance: Retrospective Data Analysis. Journal of Medical Internet Research. https://doi.org/10.2196/23961
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Lieneck, C. H., Kruse, C. S., Greene, L., & Fulton, L. V. (2020). Assessing the impact of professional certifications on time-to-hire, job satisfaction, and career growth of health administration alumni. Journal of Health Administration Education, 37(1), 25–44.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Best paper of conference, Geospatial-Temporal, Explanatory, Demand, and Financial Models for Heart Failure. January 10, 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activites, Texas State University. January 1, 2019 - September 1, 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award of Excellence, Associate Professor level. January 1, 2019 - July 1, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence, College of Health Professions. January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Academic Excellence Award for Scholarly/Creative Activity, Texas State University. January 1, 2018 - January 1, 2019
Selected Service Activities
School of Health Administration
June 1, 2020-Present
CHP Strategic Planning Committee
June 1, 2020-Present
Faculty Qualifications Committee
Reviewer / Referee
American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy
Reviewer / Referee