Faculty Profile for Dr. Michael Mileski
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mileski, M., Lee, K. A., Bourquard, C., Cavazos, B., Dusek, K., Kimbrough, K., … McClay, R. (n.d.). Preventing the abuse of elderly residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease in the long-term care setting: A systematic literature review. Clinical Interventions in Aging.
- Mileski, M., & McClay, R. (n.d.). Don’t roll your eyes, roll out change. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy.
- Mileski, M., Brooks, M. S., Topinka, J. B., Hamilton, G., Land, C., Mitchell, T., … McClay, R. (2019). Are Alarming and/or Alerting Devices Effective in Reducing Falls in Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities? A Systematic Review. Healthcare. https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare7010051; New journal, will be added to JCR in June 2020.
- Mileski, M., Brooks, M. S., Kirsch, A., Lee, F., LeVieux, A., & Ruiz, A. (2019). Positive Physical and Mental Outcomes for Residents in Nursing Facilities Using Music: A Systematic Review. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 14, 301–319. https://doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S189486; JCR IF—2.585, 5 year, 3.195; JCR Rank—Q3, 31/53 Geriatrics & Gerontology; Scopus Cite Score—2.77; Scimago SJR—1.001, H-index—59;
- McClay, R., & Mileski, M. (2018). The benefits of status-- Is working at a Magnet or Pathway to Excellence hospital right for you? Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 16(4), 26–29. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NME.0000534115.91012.37; Scopus Cite Score—0.05; Scimago SJR—0.161, H-index—4;
- Award / Honor Recipient: Purdue Global Village--Best visuals in presentation award. December 4, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2017 ACHCA AIT Preceptor Award, American College of Healthcare Administrators. January 9, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Faculty Excellence Award, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chapter Achievement Award, American College of Health Care Administrators, for development of Texas Long Term Care Administrator Preceptor Training program. February 8, 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Nomination, Faculty Excellence Award, Teaching, Texas State University. April 1, 2014
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer / Referee
American College of Health Care Administrators
September 18, 2018-Present
Social Media Coordinator
August 15, 2018-Present
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
July 17, 2018-Present