Faculty Profile for Dr. Cecil O Renick
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Renick, C. O. (n.d.). Smoke Over Mississippi: A Journey of Hope and Reconciliation, Second Edition. Covington, Louisiana, United States: Insight Press.
- Renick, C. O. (2017, June 1). Non-emergency Medical Transportation Program Initiated. News You Can Use. Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States: National Volunteer Caregiving Network.
- Renick, C. O., & Oliver-Brandon, B. (2017, April). Smoke Over Mississippi: A journey of Hope and Reconciliation. History and Heritage. Macon, GA, United States: Baptist History & Heritage Society.
- Renick, O. (2015). Smoke over Mississippi: a journey of hope and reconciliation. Covington, LA, United States: Insight Press.
- Renick, C. O. (2015). Intergenerational service learning: A model for volunteer caregiving. Health Progress, 39–43.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Service, School of Health Administration. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Teaching, School of Health Administration. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President Emeritus, National Volunteer Caregiving Network. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award/Excellence in Service, College of Health Professions. August 2016 - September 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. September 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017
- Renick, Cecil O. Volunteer Caregiving Transportation Program for Hays County, Mary Bonner Community Needs Program, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $10000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O (Principal), Scarbrough, A (Co-Principal). Identifying Predictors & Determinants of Post- Disaster Resilience in the Elderly Living in the Gulf Coast: Building a Blueprint for a Culture of Resilience, Natural Hazards Center, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Service-Learning Initiative, Texas State Student Service Fee Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Safe at Home: An Intergenerational Safety Net, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Municipal, $35000. (Funded: 2000). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Faith in Action: Mutual Adoption Pact, Donald D. Hammill Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Funded: 1999). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Shepherd's Centers of America Leadership Council
January 7, 2019-Present
Health and Wellness Committee
September 1, 2017-Present
Reviewer / Referee
American Society on Aging, Aging in America Conference
June 1, 2017-Present
MAP med-rides non-emergency medical transportation program
January 1, 2017-Present
National Volunteer Caregiving Network
October 1, 2016-Present