Faculty Profile for Dr. Kim Lee
Research InterestsResearch Agenda for Kimberly Ann Lee, PhD, MSHP, PT, FACHE
My primary research agenda includes exploration and writing in the areas of organizational leadership, organizational culture, and strategic management in acute, post-acute, outpatient, ambulatory, non-traditional, and wellness healthcare environments. Some exploration will occur in comparing the industry of healthcare (both traditional and nontraditional) with other industries.
Intent with research in and between these three very important areas (organizational leadership, organizational culture, and strategic management) is to ultimately help determine best practices/models in healthcare, which will in turn lead to more effective and efficient delivery systems within our state and nation.
Organizational leadership studies will include research and publication in specific topics of servant leadership, team leadership, teaming, perceptions of leadership styles of team leaders, women’s styles of leadership, physician leadership, cross-collaborative (of various disciplines and generations) leadership and communication, and spiritual leadership. The impact, influence, and interrelationship of leadership, culture, and strategy on contemporary healthcare trends, changes, and business models are and will be likely and frequently of interest.
The study of Organizational Culture will include perception of culture in general; perception of the specific components making up culture by various health care organization team members and disciplines; determinants of culture; leaders’ impact on culture; and interrelationship of leadership, culture, and strategic management
The study of Strategic Management includes research into tools, practices, effects, and trends of strategic thinking, planning, management, control, and communication within the healthcare organization and within the community being impacted by various healthcare organizations.
Research will include methods of associate engagement survey, organizational course evaluation data, various leadership assessments (such as Myers-Briggs Indicator), focus group interviews, case studies, organizational operational results, and systematic literature reviews. This list of methods is not exclusive. Research will be both quantitative and qualitative, frequently mixed design.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mileski, M., Lee, K. A., Maung, S., Nelson, D., Palomares, O., & Paredes, N. (2018). Prevention of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus in Neonatal Intensive Care Units: A Systematic Review. ABNF Journal, 29(2), 46–53.
- Mileski, M., Topinka, J. B., Lee, K. A., Brooks, M. S., McNeil, C., & Jackson, J. (2017). An investigation of quality improvement initiatives in decreasing the rate of avoidable 30-day, SNF-to-hospital readmissions: A systematic review. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 12, 213–222. Retrieved from https://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=31011
- Topinka, J. B., Turner, L. R., Lee, K. A., & Brown, J. (2016). An Expression of Change: Breastfeeding in the Military. United States Army Medical Department Journal, October-December 2016, 70–74. Retrieved from http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/borden/Portlet.aspx?id=fe14cb8d-6216-4df3-911f-4d15a26babf3
- Mileski, M., Kruse, C., Lee, K., & Topinka, J. (2016). Perceptions of the Value of Professional Networking by Undergraduate Students in School of Health Administration: A Pilot Study. Journal of Health Administration Education, 33(3), 461–474.
- Lee-Layton, K. A. (2014). Correlating coworker relations, employee involvement, and leadership with associate commitment in select health care companies using a mixed sequential explanatory design. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1661796393?accountid=5683
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Teaching Award. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: “Outstanding Alumna”, Department of Physical Therapy at Texas State University. April 28, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Selected by Tiara Alderman, BHA Student & Award Recipient to attend Health Professions Student Award Recognition Luncheon as faculty member. April 24, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: “Favorite Professor”, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. April 20, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: “Top 20 Women Who Have Changed the Face of Medicine”, Austin by Austin MD Magazine. May 2014
Selected Service Activities
Buda Chamber of Commerce
May 10, 2017-Present
Dahlstrom Middle School - Hays County
February 15, 2017-Present
Buda City Council - Focus Group on Aging in Buda
January 25, 2017-Present
Texas State University Alumni Association
LTC Program Fall Networking Day