Faculty Profile for Dr. Cristian H Lieneck
Biography and EducationDr. Lieneck has over 10 years of experience in the field of healthcare administration with a focus in medical group practice management. His interest in the healthcare field and patient-centered care initially began while serving as a licensed emergency medical technician (EMT) in Huntsville, Alabama and Cincinnati, Ohio. His experience in healthcare administration was initiated by being commissioned as a Medical Service Corps officer in the United States Army. As a Lieutenant, Dr. Lieneck led a garrison medical clinic and a field medical evacuation platoon in the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment (3rd ACR). As a Captain, he served as an Executive Officer and Dental Company Commander for the Fort Carson Dental Activity, consisting of four dental practices and one hospital-based oral surgery clinic. Upon honorably completing his military service obligation, Dr. Lieneck has since held healthcare leadership positions in organizations such as the Community Living Assistance Support Services (CLASS) program for the Texas Medicaid-Waiver Program (Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services), Austin Radiological Association (ARA), as well as serving as the medical group practice administrator of an Austin-based physiatry and pain medicine physician group practice, consisting of multiple locations and an outpatient procedure suite in central Texas.
Dr. Lieneck is a fellow and board certified in medical group practice management by the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), the credentialing body of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) – the premiere professional association for medical group/ambulatory care practice administrators. He is a fellow and board certified in healthcare management by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), and a fellow in the Academy of Healthcare Management (AHM). He is also a Certified Professional in Health Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS), credentialed through the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Dr. Lieneck continues to participate in professional leadership roles at national, state, and local levels. He has been appointed and continues to serve as the MGMA Forum Representative for the state of Texas, and serves on the Education Committee for both the Texas MGMA and the ACHE-Central Texas Chapter organizations. He is a member of the ACHE Regent’s Advisory Council for ACHE and is an AUPHA undergraduate program review committee member.
Research InterestsHis research interests include healthcare quality, physician services billing and reimbursement, and core competencies of healthcare administrators. He enjoys teaching, conducting research, spending time with his family, and being associated with the learning environment of a large university.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kruse, C. S., & Lieneck, C. H. (n.d.). A Competency-Based HIT Curriculum in a BHA/MHA Program. Sage Open.
- Lieneck, C. H., & Salvador. (2018). Collaboration or collusion?: Commercial online resources for students in the digital age: An opinion piece. Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice, 16. Retrieved from https://nsuworks.nova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1729&context=ijahsp
- Lieneck, C. H., Collins, S., McKinnes, R., & Watts, S. (2017). Hospital Chief Executive Officer perspectives on healthcare administration academic preparations. The Health Care Manager, 36(1), 21–28.
- Lieneck, C. H. (2017, December). ACMPE Information. Texas Medical Group Management (TxMGMA) Texas Insider ENewsletter.
- Lieneck, C. H. (2017, November). Texas Medical Group Management (TxMGMA) Texas Insider eNewsletter.
- Award / Honor Recipient: American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Regent Award (Senior Level), American College of Healthcare Executives. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Undergraduate Professor: Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Place - Texas State University College of Health Professions Faculty and Student Research Forum, Texas State University College of Health Professions Faculty and Student Research Forum. April 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Place – Faculty/Student Research Category., Texas State University College of Health Professions Faculty and Student Research Forum. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Service Award, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). 2015
- Lieneck, Cristian H. The evolving role of the healthcare CFO: A 10-year follow-up study to determine senior financial executive group differences, Texas State University, $500. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Lieneck, Cristian H. The journey towards accountable care, Texas State University, $2805. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Lieneck, Cristian H. Health Information Management Systems Technology and Analysis (HIMSTA) Program: Data and Information Course Series (3 modules)., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Healthcare: Population Health Management
Invited Presentation at New Faculty Orientation: Texas State University Honor Code Policy and Process (with Ms. Holly Tipton).
September 1, 2017-Present
Honor Code Council
January 1, 2017-Present
Meridian Homeowners Association (HOA)
January 1, 2017-Present
University College/University Seminar Faculty Mentoring Group