Faculty Profile for Sharon Viviene Armstead
Teaching InterestsLeadership,Health Disparities- Respiratory Diseases- COPD/Asthma
Research InterestsHealthcare Disparities , Health Equities, Global Health
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Koonce, R., Koonce, K., & Armstead, S. (n.d.). Followership and the Paradox of Promotion. In R. Koonce, M. Bligh, M. K. Carsten, & M. Hurwitz (Eds.), Followership in Action: Case Studies and Commentaries. Bingley, England: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Armstead, S. V. (2016, July). Student Corner- Finding Your Niche. AARC Times.
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACCP Chest Community Service Award, American College of Chest Physicians. December 1, 2017 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: TSRC Practitioner of the Year 2017 – Education, Texas Society of Respiratory Care. July 19, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Multicultural Curriculum Transformation Designation (MC) & (MP), Multicultural Curriculum Transformation Institute. May 1, 2015 - July 1, 2015
- Armstead, Sharon V (Principal). CHEST Community Service Grant, American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) CHEST, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $11530. (Submitted: December 1, 2017, Funded: December 1, 2017). Grant.
- Armstead, Sharon V (Principal). Study Abroad, Texas State University, $3000. (Submitted: March 2, 2017, Funded: March 2, 2017 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Advisory Board for Faculty-led Programs Abroad.
April 5, 2018-Present
Non Tenured Line Committee
January 1, 2015-Present
Bridges Global Medical Mission
September 22, 2018-Present
American Association for Respiratory Care / Texas -Membership
Study Abroad and Study in America Committee
September 1, 2017-Present