Faculty Profile for Nick Henry
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Henry, N. R., Russian, C. J., Williams, M., & Pezzuto, A. M. (2021). Organ procurement organization and university-based respiratory care program partnership to develop student internships. Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy, 57, 39–43.
- Henry, N. R. (2020). Development of a Pulmonary Workshop.
- Henry, N. R., Gardner, D. D., & Rodrigues, N. A. (2020). Development of a pulmonary workshop for organ recovery coordinators’ continuing medical education. Progress in Transplantation, 30(4), 372–375. https://doi.org/10.1177/1526924820958113
- Henry, N. R. (2017, December 27). CoBGRTE Scholarship Recipients. The Coalition Chronicle.
- Henry, N. R. (2017, August 28). CoBGRTE Merit Scholarships Benefit Student Members. The Coalition Chronicle.
- Award / Honor Recipient: William F. Miller, MD Postgraduate Education Recognition Award, American Respiratory Care Foundation. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National Honor Society Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: American Association for Respiratory Care Recognized Preceptor, American Association for Respiratory Care. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Health Professions College Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University College of Health Professions. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Induction into Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2018
- Henry, N.R.. Library Research Grant, Texas State University, $2480. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Henry, Nicholas Richard (Principal), Gonzales, Joshua Fidel (Co-Principal). Determining Suction Catheter Size for Endotracheal Suction: A comparison of Endotracheal Tube Size to Suction Catheter Ratios, $16000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Henry, N.R. (Principal), Gonzales, J.F. (Co-Principal). Determining suction catheter size for endotracheal suction: a comparison of endotracheal tube size to suction catheter size ratios, Research Enhancement Program, $16000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Henry, Nicholas R (Principal), Russian, Christopher J (Co-Principal). Evaluation of Respiratory Mechanics and Predictability of Lung Recruitment in Deceased Organ Donors, Texas State University, Texas State University, $10367.15. (Funded: December 11, 2021 - May 31, 2023). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Coalition for Baccalaureate and Graduate Respiratory Therapy Education Program Planning Committee
Alpha Eta National Honor Society Executive Council
Director of Clinical Education
Coalition for Baccalaureate and Graduate Respiratory Therapy Education Student Scholarship Committee
College of Health Professions Curriculum Committee