Faculty Profile for Dr. Shannon Hope Williams
Biography and EducationI graduated with a BSPT in 1992 and MEd in Exercise Science 1998 from Texas State University. I graduated with a t-DPT from MGH Institute of Health Professions in 2011. I have worked at Texas State University Physical Therapy Department since July 1997. I have experience in orthopedics, neurological, and geriatric physical therapy. My primary role in the PT department is co-director and clinical instructor of the on-site physical therapy clinic. I also teach in Patient Care Skills I one semester of the year and serve as the assistant director for clinical education.
Teaching InterestsPatient Care Skills and Clinical Education
Research InterestsStudent Run Clinics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Oren, R., & Williams, S. (2016). A Civic Engagement Paradigm for Reforming Higher Education and Recreating the Community.
- Williams, S., & Valentine, C. (2016). Effects of Strong for Life Exercise Program on the Functional Performance of Older Adults. American Physical Therapy Association, GeriNotes, Section on Geriatrics, 14(1).
- Gobert, D., & Williams, S. (2011). The University-Based Physical Therapy Clinic as a Setting for People with Acquired Brain Injury. 34th Conference and Annual Meeting of the Texas Society of Allied Health Professions.
- Williams, S. (2008). Exercise with the Wii¨: Are there Gender Differences ? Abstract Poster Presentation TPTA Annual Conference.
- Renick, O., Estrada, A., Hamed, N., & Williams, S. H. (2005). A civic engagement paradigm for reforming higher eEducation & recreating the community. San Marcos, TX, United States: Texas Institute for Long Term Care, Texas State University.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognition by the Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support program, Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support program. January 1, 2013 - December 1, 2013
- Gobert, Denise (Principal), Williams, Shannon Hope (Co-Principal). Balance and Gait Program for Persons with Adult Acquired Brain Injury, Texas State Long Term Care Institute, Texas State University-San Marcos, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10000. (Submitted: January 1, 2010, Funded: December 31, 2011). Grant.
- GOBERT, DENISE (Principal), WILLIAMS, SHANNON HOPE (Co-Principal), MCDOWELL, DEBRA R (Co-Principal). Predictors of Hospital Readmissions as Related to Home Health Physical Therapy Service Trends, Home Health Section of the American Physical Therapy Association, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $10000. (Submitted: October 25, 2017, Funded: May 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020). Grant.
- Williams, Shannon (Principal), Gobert, D. (Principal). Project/Proposal Title: Strong for Life study using the Wii interactive gaming system, Texas State Long Term Care Institute, $5000. (Submitted: October 1, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
September 1, 2021-Present
Co-Treasurer for the Texas Consortium for Physical Therapy Clinical Education
September 30, 2018-Present
January 1, 2014-Present
Texas Consortium of Physical Therapy Clinical Education Biennial Workshop
April 1, 2019-April 8, 2022
Physical Therapy Willow Hall Tour
November 6, 2021-November 6, 2021