Faculty Profile for Dr. Dan Tamir
Biography and EducationDr. Tamir is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at the Texas State University. He obtained the PhD-CS from Florida State University and the MS/BS-EE from Ben-Gurion University, Israel. He has managed applied research and design in DSP Core technology in Motorola-SPS/Freescale. Additionally, he served as an assistant/associate professor in the CS Department at Florida Tech, served as a member of the MPEG committee and worked in the applied research division, Tadiran, Israel.
Teaching InterestsTeaching graduate and undergraduate courses in formal languages, computer architecture, multimedia computing, graphical user interfaces, and computer graphics.
Research InterestsConducting research in data compression, data analytics, computer graphics, and human computer interaction / Usability.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Metsis, V., Lawrence, G. B., Trahan, M. H., Smith, K. S., & Tamir, D. (n.d.). Virtual Reality Environments for Returning Combat Veteran Social Anxiety and PTSD: Rapid Prototyping Methodologies for Intervention.
- Ngan, T. T., Lan, L. T. H., Ali, M., Tamir, D., Son, L. H., Tuan, T. M., … Kandel, A. (2018). Logic Connectives of Complex Fuzzy Sets. ROMANIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
- Xu, D., & Tamir, D. (2018). Pseudo-random Number Generators Based on the Collatz Conjecture.
- Tamir, D., Rishe, N. D., & Kandel, A. (2018). Complex Fuzzy Sets and Complex Fuzzy Logic an Overview of Theory and Applications. In Fuzzy Logic Theory and Applications, Part I (L. Zadeh, R. Aliev) and Part II (Eds. L. Zadeh, R. Aliev). World Scientific Publisher.
- Tamir, D., Newman, S., Rishe, N., Kandel, A., & Zadeh, L. (n.d.). Computing with Words a Framework for Human Computer Interaction.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Hahn Public Communications and TX State C3, Hahn Public Communications. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Praise from 13 students. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Hahn Public Communications and TX State C3, Hahn Public Communications. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award. 2014
- Lawrence, G (Principal), Tamir, Dan (Co-Principal), Wells, J (Co-Principal). Smartphone Application to Enhance High School Political Science Curriculum: Promoting Active Learning and Political Participation via Social Media and Gamification, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15900. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Lawrence, G (Principal), Tamir, Dan (Co-Principal), Stump, M M (Co-Principal). Augmented Reality in the Texas State University Galleries, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $14200. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Tamir, Dan (Principal), Mueller, C J (Co-Principal), Komogortsev, O V (Co-Principal). Pinpoint Analysis and Usability Assessment of the Emerson Process Control Software, Emerson Process Control, Austin, Texas, $34000. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Tamir, Dan (Principal). Diverse VideoDiverse Video Clip Repository for Diversity Awareness Enhancement Clip Repository for Diversity Awareness Enhancement, Equity & Access committee, Texas State University- San Marcos, $5000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Tamir, Dan (Principal), Mueller, C J (Co-Principal), Komogortsev, O V (Co-Principal). Usability Assessment of the Emerson Process Control Software, Emerson Process Control, Austin, Texas, $5000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
intellectual property committee
Assistant Vice President for International Affairs (AVPIA) Search Committee
Faculty Qualifications Advisory Committee
CS Scholarship Committee