Faculty Profile for Dr. Apan Muhammad Qasem
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Sultana, T., Allen, B., & Qasem, A. M. (2020). Intelligent Data Placement on Discrete GPU Nodes with Unified Memory (PACT20) (pp. 139–151). New York, NY: ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/3410463.3414651
- Bunde, D., Schielke, P., & Qasem, A. M. (n.d.). Teaching About Heterogeneity (SIGCSE21).
- Qasem, A. (2019). A Gentle Introduction to Heterogeneous Computing for CS1 Students (pp. 10–16). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/EduHPC49559.2019.00007
- Hope, J., Nag, T., & Qasem, A. (2019). Energy-efficient GPU graph processing with on-demand page migration. IEEE Computer Society.
- Aslan, S., Kellington, J. W., Sefat, M. S., & Qasem, A. M. (2019). Accelerating HotSpots in Deep Neural Networks on a CAPI-Based FPGA (pp. 248–256). https://doi.org/10.1109/HPCC/SmartCity/DSS.2019.00048
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, 2019 IEEE/ACM Workshop on Education for High-Performance Computing (EduHPC). November 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC). 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. May 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Boko Award, Faculty Advisor of the Year. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2015
- Lu, Yijuan (Principal), Ngu, Anne H. (Co-Principal), Gao, Ju (Co-Principal), Chen, Xiao (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal). II-NEW: Shared High Performance Data Center, NSF CISE CRI Program, Federal, $375756. (Funded: 2013 - 2019). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Machine Learning Compilers for the GPU, NVIDIA, $3000. (Funded: April 2017). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Software Support for Multicore Architectures, IBM, $17000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Shi, Hongchi, Qasem, Apan Muhammad, Seaman, Jill M. Data Collection for Inclusive Computing, Center for Inclusive Computing, Northeastern University. (Funded: February 1, 2021 - Present). Grant.
- Zong, Ziliang (Principal), Qasem, Apan (Co-Principal). Texas State University Cloud and Autonomic Computing Center, Texas State University, $15000. (Funded: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2024). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
PhD Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
49th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP)
ACM SIGPLAN 2020 International Conference on Compiler Construction (CC 2020)
IEEE/ACM Workshop on Education for High-Performance Computing (EduHPC)
NSF/IEEE-TCPP Curriculum Initiative on Parallel and Distributed Computing - Core Topics for Undergraduates