Faculty Profile for Dr. Apan Muhammad Qasem
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Qasem, A. (2019). A Gentle Introduction to Heterogeneous Computing for CS1 Students (pp. 10–16). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/EduHPC49559.2019.00007
- Hope, J., Nag, T., & Qasem, A. (2019). Energy-efficient GPU graph processing with on-demand page migration. IEEE Computer Society.
- Aslan, S., Kellington, J. W., Sefat, M. S., & Qasem, A. M. (2019). Accelerating HotSpots in Deep Neural Networks on a CAPI-Based FPGA (pp. 248–256). https://doi.org/10.1109/HPCC/SmartCity/DSS.2019.00048
- Qasem, A. M., Novoa, C. M., **Kolla, C. S., & *Coyle, S. (2018). High-Accuracy Scalable Solutions to the Dynamic Facility Layout Problem. Super Computing (SC18) - The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis Proceedings, 1–2. Retrieved from https://sc18.supercomputing.org/proceedings/tech_poster/poster_files/post169s2-file3.pdf
- Qasem, A. M. (2018). Modules for Teaching Parallel Performance Concepts. In Topics in Parallel and Distributed Computing Enhancing the Undergraduate Curriculum: Performance, Concurrency, and Programming on Modern Platforms (pp. 59–77). Springer. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93109-8
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, 2019 IEEE/ACM Workshop on Education for High-Performance Computing (EduHPC). November 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC). 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. May 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Boko Award, Faculty Advisor of the Year. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2015
- Lu, Yijuan (Principal), Ngu, Anne H. (Co-Principal), Gao, Ju (Co-Principal), Chen, Xiao (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal). II-NEW: Shared High Performance Data Center, NSF CISE CRI Program, Federal, $375756. (Funded: 2013 - 2019). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Machine Learning Compilers for the GPU, NVIDIA, $3000. (Funded: April 2017). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Software Support for Multicore Architectures, IBM, $17000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Zong, Ziliang (Principal), Qasem, Apan (Co-Principal). Texas State University Cloud and Autonomic Computing Center, Texas State University, $15000. (Funded: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2021). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Widening the CI Workforce On-ramp by Exposing Undergraduates to Heterogeneous Computing, National Science Foundation, Federal, $225000. (Funded: September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Presidential Awards Nomination Committee
Staff Search Committee
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Field of Study (FOS) Advisory Committee
August 1, 2018-Present
Senior Lecturer Search Committee
CS3339 : Computer Architecture