Faculty Profile for Dr. Apan Muhammad Qasem
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Qasem, A. M., Novoa, C. M., Kolla, C. S., & Coyle, S. (2018). High-Accuracy Scalable Solutions to the Dynamic Facility Layout Problem. Super Computing (SC 18) - The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis Proceedings, 1–2. Retrieved from https://sc18.supercomputing.org/proceedings/tech_poster/poster_files/post169s2-file3.pdf
- Qasem, A. M. (2018). Modules for Teaching Parallel Performance Concepts. In Topics in Parallel and Distributed Computing Enhancing the Undergraduate Curriculum: Performance, Concurrency, and Programming on Modern Platforms (pp. 59–77). Springer. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93109-8
- Sefat, M. S., Aslan, S., & Qasem, A. M. (2018). Hardware Acceleration of CNNs with Coherent FPGAs.
- Qasem, A. M., Aji, A. M., & Chu, M. L. (2018). Investigating data layout transformations in Chapel (pp. 915–924).
- Saha, B. K., Rahman, S., Connors, T., & Qasem, A. M. (2017). A Machine Learning Approach to Automatic Creation of Architecture-sensitive Performance Heuristics.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC). 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. May 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Boko Award, Faculty Advisor of the Year. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. December 2015
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Machine Learning Compilers for the GPU, NVIDIA, $3000. (Funded: April 2017). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Software Support for Multicore Architectures, IBM, $17000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Principal). Widening the CI Workforce On-ramp by Exposing Undergraduates to Heterogeneous Computing, National Science Foundation, Federal, $225000. (Funded: September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad, Novoa, Clara M. High-performance QAP Solvers on the POWER8, IBM Corporation, IBM Corporation, $22500. (Funded: May 2017 - Present). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Jin, T. (Principal), Stern, H. (Co-Principal), Semih, A. (Co-Principal), Jimenez, J. (Co-Principal), Novoa, C. (Co-Principal), Asiabanpour, B. (Co-Principal), Tate, J. (Co-Principal), Romanella, S. (Co-Principal), Mendez, F. (Co-Principal). Developing High School Students’ Curiosity in Science and Technology in Capstone Design Days, Halliburton Foundation, $8600. (Funded: 2014 - 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Presidential Awards Nomination Committee
Staff Search Committee
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Field of Study (FOS) Advisory Committee
August 1, 2018-Present
Senior Lecturer Search Committee
CS3339 : Computer Architecture