Faculty Profile for Dr. Maria D Resendiz
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schwarz, A. L., Gonzales, M. D., Resendiz, M. D., & Abdi, H. (2017). Factors influencing book-sharing practices of Spanish-English bilingual speech-language pathologists targeting academic language in preschoolers. ECHO: Journal of the National Black Association for Speech - Language and Hearing. Retrieved from http://www.nbaslh.org/jnbaslh
- Gonzales, M. D., Resendiz, M. D., & Tipps, J. (2019). Speech Sound Disorders. In Overview of Communication Disorders. Charlotte, North Carolina: Kona Publishing & Media Group.
- Fiestas, C., Pena, E., & Resendiz, M. D. (2018). The Application of Dynamic Assessment of Narratives in an English Language Learner. In Speech-Language Pathology Casebook. Stuttgart, Germany: Thieme Medical Publishers. Retrieved from https://medone-comsci.thieme.com/cockpits/cllogopedics/0/coCPeComCa0268/0
- Resendiz, M., Summers, C., Ruiz-Felter, R., Belasco, E., & Fox, K. (2017). Perceptions of Mentoring SLPs and Clinical Fellows During the Clinical Fellowship. Perspectives on Administration and Supervision, 2(1), 25–41.
- Schwarz, A. L., Resendiz, M. D., Hervey, J., Matson, C., & Breon, K. (2017). How do language experience and processing speed influence the acquisition of narrow phonetic transcription? ECHO: Journal of the National Black Association for Speech - Language and Hearing, 12(1), 22–50. Retrieved from http://www.nbaslh.org/jnbaslh
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Alpha Chi National Honor Society, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. April 12, 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Service Award, College of Health Professions. February 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Alpha Chi National College Honor Society (Nominated by 2 students). April 29, 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Faculty Excellence for Teaching Award. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Foundations of Excellence Award. May 2013
- Resendiz, Maria D, Gonzales, Maria D. Project PLACTICAR (Providing Language, Articulation, and Communication Therapy in Countries and Regiones): Training Local Therapists, Verena and Kenneth J. Wilson Latin American Research Award, Texas State University, $1500.00. (Submitted: February 2019, Funded: March 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Resendiz, Maria D. Smart Phone for conducting telepractice, Service-Learning Excellence Research Mini-Grant, Texas State University, $505.19. (Funded: January 2019). Grant.
- Resendiz, Maria D (Principal), Gonzales, Maria D (Co-Principal). Multicultural Speech-Language Therapy Intervention Clinic: Efficacy of Treatment with At Risk Children, Texas State University Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000.00. (Submitted: 2015, Funded: January 25, 2016 - December 31, 2016). Grant.
- Resendiz, Maria (Co-Principal), Irani, F. (Co-Principal). International Telepractice: Empowering Families with Modules, Research Enhancement Program (REP) at Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $11040. (Submitted: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Service Learning Excellence Advisory Board
Service Learning Excellence Task Force
TSHA Cultural and Linguistic Diversity Committee