Faculty Profile for Dr. Celeste A Domsch
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Domsch, C. A., Rodriguez, L., Titzman, L., & Kester, E. (2018). Increasing complex syntax use in written language in school-age students: A multiple-baseline study of sentence-combining. Perspectives on School-Based Issues, 3, 4–19. https://doi.org/10.1044/persp3.SIG16.4
- Chakraborty, R., Domsch, C. A., & Gonzales, M. D. (2017). Influence of age of academic L2 exposure on maze use in adult bilinguals. Journal of the National Black Association for Speech, Language, & Hearing, 12(1), 83–95.
- Agwuele, A., & Domsch, C. (2016). The Animal-to-Speech Connection: Harvey Sussman’s Conjectures. In Essays in Speech Processes: Language Production and Perception. Sheffield, UK: Equinox Publishing.
- Resendiz, M., Henrich, R., Belasco, E., & Domsch, C. (2014). Influences of bilingualism and daycare on preschoolers’ grammaticality in narratives: A retrospective study. Perspectives on Communication Disorders and Sciences in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations.
- Domsch, C. A., Richels, C. G., Resendiz, M. D., & Richmond, A. (2013). Infinitival clauses in children with typical and late language emergence: Supporting a dimensional account of language delay. Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association Journal, 35–41.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award in Teaching, College of Health Professions. August 22, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi Honor Society. May 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Faculty Excellence Award in Service, College of Health Professions. May 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching, College of Health Professions. May 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACE Award, ASHA. January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
- Domsch, Celeste A (Co-Principal), Tipps, Jason Douglas (Co-Principal). Communication Disorders in Peru 2017, Study Abroad Office, Texas State University, $3000.00. (Funded: May 1, 2017 - July 6, 2017). Grant.
- Domsch, Celeste (Co-Principal), Stiritz, Lori (Co-Principal). Communication disorders in the United Kingdom, Texas State University Study Abroad, Institutional (Higher Ed), $1750. (Submitted: October 1, 2015, Funded: July 23, 2016 - August 6, 2016). Grant.
- Chakraborty, R. (Co-Principal), Domsch, Celeste (Co-Principal). Kinematic and syntactic analysis of cross-linguistic interactions in bilinguals, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $15800. (Submitted: October 1, 2010, Funded: October 1, 2010 - October 1, 2011). Grant.
- Duder, Celeste (Principal). Vocabulary growth in children who are late to talk: Effects of maternal education, Bamford-Lahey ChildrenÂ's Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Submitted: 2001). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
CDIS Search Committee
Liaison for Dept of Communication Disorders
Graduate College Fellowship Committee
Staff-Parish Relations Committee, Tarrytown United Methodist Church
January 1, 2018-Present
CHP Curriculum Committee