Faculty Profile for Dr. Celeste A Domsch
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Domsch, C. A., Stiritz, L. L., & Huff, J. (2020). Cultural awareness and self-efficacy of students in communication disorders: A mixed methods study. Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Group Issues in Higher Education, 5(5), 1231–1242. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_PERSP-19-00167
- Domsch, C. A., Rodriguez, L., Titzman, L., & Kester, E. (2018). Increasing complex syntax use in written language in school-age students: A multiple-baseline study of sentence-combining. Perspectives on School-Based Issues, 3, 4–19. https://doi.org/10.1044/persp3.SIG16.4
- Domsch, C. A., Wendel, R. M., & Irani, F. (n.d.). HRSA Annual Performance Report 2021.
- Domsch, C. A. (2019). Language impairment in children. In A Multicultural Perspective on Communication Disorders. Kona Publishing. Retrieved from http://konapublishing.com/category/21/
- Chakraborty, R., Domsch, C. A., & Gonzales, M. D. (2017). Influence of age of academic L2 exposure on maze use in adult bilinguals. Journal of the National Black Association for Speech, Language, & Hearing, 12(1), 83–95.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regents' Teacher, Texas State University System. September 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. August 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Excellence Award in Service, College of Health Professions. August 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi Honor Society. April 23, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award in Teaching, College of Health Professions. August 22, 2018
- Fleming, Valarie B (Principal), Domsch, Celeste A (Co-Principal), Wendel, Renee M (Supporting), Irani, Farzan (Co-Principal). Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students in Communication Disorders, Health Resources and Services Administration, Federal, $1576750. (Submitted: March 3, 2020, Funded: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2025). Grant.
- Domsch, Celeste A (Co-Principal), Tipps, Jason Douglas (Co-Principal). Communication Disorders in Peru 2017, Study Abroad Office, Texas State University, $3000.00. (Funded: May 1, 2017 - July 6, 2017). Grant.
- Domsch, Celeste (Co-Principal), Stiritz, Lori (Co-Principal). Communication disorders in the United Kingdom, Texas State University Study Abroad, Institutional (Higher Ed), $1750. (Submitted: October 1, 2015, Funded: July 23, 2016 - August 6, 2016). Grant.
- Chakraborty, R. (Co-Principal), Domsch, Celeste (Co-Principal). Kinematic and syntactic analysis of cross-linguistic interactions in bilinguals, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $15800. (Submitted: October 1, 2010, Funded: October 1, 2010 - October 1, 2011). Grant.
- Duder, Celeste (Principal). Vocabulary growth in children who are late to talk: Effects of maternal education, Bamford-Lahey ChildrenÂ's Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Submitted: 2001). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Advisory Committee for Regents' Teacher Awards, Texas State University System
Academic Governance Committee
National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association Chapter
General Education Council
University Curriculum Committee