Faculty Profile for Dr. Gerald DeWayne Redwine
Biography and EducationI have been at Texas State University as a professor since 2008. At that time, I had over 28 years of experience as clinical laboratory scientists running concurrently with more than 20 years of combined civil service and 12 ½ years of military service with the U.S. Air Force.
Teaching InterestsTeaching interest above all is facilitating the love of lifelong learning in religious studies and science.
Research InterestsThe reduction of type 2 diabetes mellitus in African-Americans from a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Redwine, G. D. (Ed.). (2019). The association between self-efficacy and self-management behaviors among Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes. PLOS One (Vol. 14, pp. 1–12). 1160 Battery St Ste 100, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA: PLOS. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0224869
- Redwine, G. D. (Ed.). (2019). Determinants of inappropriate setting allocation in the care of patients with type 2 diabetes: a population-based study in Reggio Emilia province. PLoS ONE (Vol. 14, pp. 1–12). San Francisco CA: PLOS. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0219965
- Redwine, G. D. (2019). Beyond Transformative Learning in African American Adult Education: Religion, Health, and Permeated Learning as a New Model of Adult Learning. Abingdon, England: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group. Retrieved from https://www.routledge.com/Beyond-Transformative-Learning-in-African-American-Adult-Education-Religion/Redwine/p/book/9780367345389
- Caruana, L. B., Redwine, G. D., Rohde, R. E., & Russian, C. J. (2019). A Prospective Study of Patients Diagnosed with Sarcoidosis: Factors - Environmental Exposure, Familial Family History, Health Assessment, Genetics, and Outlook. Sarcoidosis Vasculitis and Diffuse Lung Disease, 36(3), 228–242. Retrieved from http://www.mattioli1885journals.com/index.php/sarcoidosis/issue/view/712
- Redwine, G. D. (2019). Technology, Enzymes, And Complex Cognition. ASCLS Today, 33(1). Retrieved from https://www.ascls.org/communication/ascls-today/333-ascls-today-volume-33-number-1
- Award / Honor Recipient: Omicron Sigma National Level Induction, Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science (TACLS). March 23, 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: ASCLS Scientific Research Award, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science. July 1, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Omicron Sigma, Texas Associationof Clinical Laboratory Science. March 31, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Academy Health Award, Academy Health 1150 17th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20036. June 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: ASCLS Key to the Future, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS). April 8, 2016
Selected Service Activities
Faculty/Student Research Forum Member (November 8, 2018 – Present)
November 8, 2018-Present
ASCLS Scientific Assemblies Chemistry/Urinalysis
August 4, 2018-Present
Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Scientists
College Review Groups
November 8, 2016-Present
Faculty Development and Research Committee