Faculty Profile for Thomas L Patterson
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Patterson, T. L. (2017). Isolation of MRSA from the Oral Cavity of Companion Dogs. Infection Control Tips (on-Line Journal), http://infectioncontroltips/2017/01/25/isolation-mrsa-companion-dogs/. Retrieved from http://infectioncontrol.tips/2017/01/25/isolation-mrsa-companion-dogs/
- Patterson, T. L. (2016). Urine and Saliva Pseudoscience. Skeptical Inquirer, the Magazine for Science and Reason, 39, 53–56. https://doi.org/NA
- Patterson, T. (2015). Ream’s Urine and Saliva Testing. Skeptical Inquirer: The Magazine for Science and Reason (3rd ed., Vol. 39, pp. 53–56).
- Ceballos, N., Sharma, S., Patterson, T., Grahm, R., & Howard, K. (2015). Stress, Immune Function and Collegiate Holiday Drinking: A Pilot Study. Neuropsychobiology, 72, 8–15.
- Patterson, T. L. (2015). Pearson.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Author Award for Research and Reports, ASCLS. 2013
- Award / Honor Nominee: Teaching Award for the Texas State University College of Health Professions. 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: President’s Teaching Award, Texas State University College of Health Professions. 2011
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runner up for Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: U.S. Air Force Meritorious Service Medal. 1999
- Rhode, Patterson, Thomas L (Co-Principal). Microbiology In-Service Continuing Education, Texas DSHS – Emerging and Acute Infectious Disease Branch, $12095. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Patterson, Thomas L (Principal). Application for One-Time Research Support from the Associate Vice President for Research, qPCR support for MRSA research, Texas State University, $32000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Patterson, Thomas L (Principal). Surveillance of Gastric Infections in the Elderly, Texas Long Term Care, $5000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Patterson, Thomas L. Long Term Care grant for surveillance of gastric infections in the elderly in long term care facilities, $5000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Patterson, Thomas L. Public Health Service grant, NIH, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. (Funded: 1993). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College Review Group (representing Radiation Therapy)
January 12, 2022-Present
July 30, 2019-Present
College of Helath Professions Scholarship Commmittee
February 10, 2018-Present
January 15, 2017-Present
January 15, 2016-Present