Faculty Profile for Harry Toulmin Bowers IV
Biography and EducationHarry Bowers serves as Associate Director for Undergraduate Affairs. He is also a Senior Lecturer and Senior Academic Advisor. As a member of the Director’s Leadership Team he handles course scheduling, curriculum, enrollment management, study abroad, online course development and student affairs among other initiatives.
Mr. Bowers has over twenty-five years of experience working in higher education. Mr. Bowers teaches courses such as Careers in Media, Introduction to Mass Communication, Advertising and University Seminar.
Mr. Bowers holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Political Science and a Master of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Mass Communication from Texas State University. He also holds an Online Teaching Certificate from the Online Learning Consortium and a Certificate in Mediation from Texas State University.
Mr. Bowers. has been the recipient of the AAF James H. Fish Award for Service to Advertising Education. Lastly, he has been an invited presenter at both the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) annual convention and the Texas Academic Advising Network (TEXAAN) annual conference.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: (University) Presidential Citation for Service, Texas State University. 2016 - 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: James H. Fish Aid to Advertising Education Award, American Advertising Federation (AAF). 2008
- Bowers, Harry Toulmin. Mass Communication: Engaging Career Assessment as a Tool for Student Retention, Coke Funds, Texas State University, $2500. (Submitted: 2006, Funded: 2007 - 2009). Grant.
- Bowers, Harry Toulmin. Mass Communication: Building a Resume from Day One, Coke Funds, Texas State University, $2500. (Submitted: 2003, Funded: 2004 - 2006). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
City of New Braunfels, Finance and Audit Committee
Board of Review, Boy Scouts of America Troop 2222
Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scout Troop 2222
School of Journalism Curriculum and Policy Committee
Mayor's (City of New Braunfels) Higher Education Task Force