Faculty Profile for Holly Hale Sterling
Biography and EducationHolly Sterling is an Associate Professor of Communication Design. After graduating with a BFA from Middle Tennessee State University, she worked as an art director and creative lead for the Tombres Group, The Drawing Room, A. Richard Johnson, Stone + Ward, Undercover Books, and Y&R SicolaMartin. Her client roster included firms such as IBM, Dell, Motorola, Nickelodeon Network, Ruby Tuesday, The Rockefeller Foundation, and TCBY. After joining Texas State in 1995, she has continued to remain active as a creative strategist and pro bono designer partnering with area firms to work with clients including: Pervasive Software, Texas Department of Health Services, Glaxo Smith Kline, Abbott Spine/Zimmer, Motive, Profitfuel, Ivyworldwide, The Phoenix Center, American Cancer Society, Girlstart, etc.
Teaching InterestsIntegrated campaigns, social campaigns, brand communications
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Earthly Labs Promotional Videos. Earthy Labs. Corporate. February 2021 - November 2021, Video/Social Media.
- Presentation for The Exchange. Earthy Labs Promotion Videos. Corporate. June 2021 - August 2021, Digital.
- eNewsletter Content. Texas Hotel Lobby Association. Corporate. May 2021 - August 2021, Digital.
- 14th Annual Fundraising Gala. Phoenix Center Fundraiser. Foundation. January 2021 - February 2021, Digital and Print.
- Branding guidelines. Fortafy. Corporate. June 2020 - August 2020, Digital.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpa Chi Favorite Professor. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Big Wig, Austin Advertising Federation. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Big Wig Nominee. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: "Big Wig" Teacher of the Year, Austin Advertising Federation. 2014
Selected Service Activities
Visiting Professor Search Committee
ComDes Recruiting/Outreach Committee
Art and Design Presidential Excellence Awards
Art and Design Lecture Series
IPPA Judge (International iPhone Photography Judge)