Faculty Profile for Anne Catherine McMeeking
Biography and EducationHailing from southern California, Anne grew up in a household of artists and engineers. Anne has spent over ten years working in theatre and performing arts, being drawn into the field as a teenager from a fine arts background. Throughout her professional career Anne has worked in many production positions, from scenic & lighting design to stage management, scenic painting, media design, carpentry, props and backstage crew work. Anne received her Bachelor’s degree from The University of California at Santa Barbara, and a Master’s of Fine Arts degree from The University of Texas, Austin. Some professional highlights include work with; California Shakespeare Theatre, Zach Scott Theatre, The Prague Quadrennial of Design & Space, Ensemble Theatre, Pacific Conservatory of Performing Arts, and Penfold Theatre. Her work as a designer has garnered her several awards nominations from the Austin Critics Table and B. Iden Payne Awards. Additionally Anne is a member of the United States Institute for Theatrical Technology, where she has served as the Student Commissioner in Scenic Design, organized conference panels and initiated several new student chapters in various local regions. In her design work Anne investigates the intersection of live performance, mediated technology and the integration of audiences into the performative realm; in fine arts work, Anne is currently focused on silk painting and figurative charcoal drawing. Passionate about theatre making, drawing, painting and teaching; Anne is grateful to be part of the Design & Production team at Texas State. Her work can be seen at www.annemcmeeking.com
In my work I strive to offer all that I possess; integrity, curiosity, insight, artistry, playfulness, and a willingness to risk leaving behind what is safe in order to achieve the ineffable.
Research InterestsArts Therapy, Community Arts, Veterans Affairs.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Scenic Art Supervisor, The Crucible.
August 28, 2018 - November 3, 2018.
- Texas State University Department of Theatre and Dance, Season. October 29, 2018 - November 5, 2018 Theatre Center Main Stage, SAN MARCOS, TX.
- Scenic Art Supervisor, Cabaret.
August 28, 2018 - October 12, 2018.
- Texas State University Department of Theatre and Dance, Season. October 2, 2018 - October 8, 2018 HARRISON, SAN MARCOS, TX.
- CHARGE SCENIC ARTIST, Mr Burns a Post Electric Play.
August 13, 2018 - October 1, 2018.
- September 26, 2018 - October 2, 2018
- CHARGE SCENIC ARTIST, Ragtime.
February 13, 2018 - April 24, 2018.
- Texas State University Department of Theatre and Dance, Season. April 17, 2018 - April 24, 2018 HARRISON, SAN MARCOS, TX.
- Co Charge Scenic Artist, Tales of The Lost Formicans.
February 1, 2018 - April 23, 2018.
- Texas State University Department of Theatre and Dance, Season. April 17, 2018 - April 23, 2018 Theatre Center Main Stage, SAN MARCOS, TX.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Frank C. Erwin, Jr. Centennial Professorship in Drama. 2010 - 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Donald M. Oenslager Endowed Scholarship. 2008 - 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Louis Joules Hexter Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Theatre Art. 2008 - 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Norton and Milenma Brown Scholarship in Drama. 2008 - 2011
- Award / Honor Nominee: Set Design-Fight, Austin Critic’s Table. 2010