Faculty Profile for Kaitlin Hopkins
Biography and EducationKaitlin Hopkins is an an award winning actress, director and education and has worked on and off Broadway, in major regional theaters, international and national tours, and in film and television. She launched the BFA in Musical Theatre at Texas State University in 2009, currently ranked in the top 10 programs in the nation.
Teaching InterestsMusical Theatre Performance and Auditioning, Business of the Business, Acting, College Audition Prep, Vocal Health, Mental Wellness for performers
Research InterestsMental wellness for performing artists
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Working-The Musical.
- Porchlight Productions, virtual livestream.
- Hopkins, K. (2019). The Ultimate College Audition Guide by Amy Rogers.
- Co-Director/Producer, Unbreakable- a new opera by Andrew Lippa.
January 2019 - May 2019.
- Bates Hall, Austin.
- Director, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
May 2018 - April 2019.
- Harrison Theatre, Texas State University.
- Producer, Switched-a new musical by Jonatha Brooke and Geoffrey Nauffts. 2018.
- Award / Honor Recipient: One Singlular Sensation Award, Austin Critics' Table Award. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: SMart Award, San Marcos Counsel. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Teaching. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Top 10 Musical Theatre BFA Programs in the nation, CollegeMagazine.com. 2015
- Hopkins, Kaitlin. Stillwater Foundation Grant, Stillwater Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $30000. (Funded: 2020). Grant.
- Hopkins, Kaitlin. Stillwater Foundation Grant, Stillwater Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $30000. (Funded: 2019). Grant.
- Hopkins, Kaitlin. Stillwater Foundation Grant, Stillwater Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $25000. (Funded: 2018). Grant.
- Hopkins, Kaitlin. The Stillwater Foundation. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Hopkins, Kaitlin. The Stillwater Foundation. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Educators for Equity in Theatre Arts Initiative
Fundraising for Musical Theatre Program/Scholarships
Reviewer / Referee
Routledge Press- Peer Review-book proposal- “Peter Sellars in Conversation”
Department Wellness Program Development