Faculty Profile for Dr. Lindsay Erin Kipp
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Weiss, M. R., Kipp, L. E., Reichter, A. P., & Bolter, N. D. (2020). Evaluating Girls on the Run in promoting positive youth development: Group comparisons on life skills transfer and social processes. Pediatric Exercise Science, 32, 172–182. https://doi.org/10.1123/pes.2019-0252
- Kipp, L. E., & Bolter, N. D. (2020). Motivational climate, psychological needs, and personal and social responsibility in youth soccer: Comparisons by age group and competitive level. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, (ahead of print), 101756. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychsport.2020.101756
- Kipp, L. E., Bolter, N. D., & Reichter, A. P. (2019). Motivational climate profiles, pubertal status, and well-being among female adolescent aesthetic sport athletes. Pediatric Exercise Science, 31, 458–464. https://doi.org/10.1123/pes.2018-0182
- Bolter, N. D., & Kipp, L. E. (2018). Sportspersonship coaching behaviours, relatedness need satisfaction, and early adolescent athletes’ prosocial and antisocial behaviors. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 16, 20–35. https://doi.org/10.1080/1612197X.2016.1142461
- Kipp, L. E. (2017). Developmental considerations for working with young athletes. In In C.J. Knight, C.G. Harwood, & D. Gould, (Eds.), Sport psychology for young athletes (pp. 32–42). New York: Routledge.
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2016 Outstanding Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2014 Outstanding Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. March 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: NASPSPA Outstanding Student Paper Award, North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity. 2012
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal), Deringer, Stephen Anthony (Co-Principal), Mettler, Joni A (Co-Principal), Forsythe, Michelle Elizabeth (Co-Principal). Enhancing mental and physical health of children and adolescents through innovative afterschool programs, College of Education Social Innovation Research Accelerator, Texas State University, $13396. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Kipp, Lindsay E. (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal). Implementation and Evaluation of the Texas State University Fun and Fit for Life Program, City of San Marcos Youth Commission Grant, $2000. (Submitted: February 2019, Funded: June 2019 - April 2020). Grant.
- Kendall, Holly (Principal), Mettler, Joni (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay Erin (Co-Principal). Impact of resistance training on skeletal muscle mass, strength and physical function in younger and older adults, Texas American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Development Award, $1000. (Submitted: January 2020, Funded: July 2020 - July 2021). Grant.
- Mettler, Joni (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal). Impact of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on physical activity in older adults, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: June 2018 - December 2019). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther K (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal), Meaney, Karen S (Co-Principal). Fun & Fit 4 Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5900.00. (Submitted: June 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Managing Textbook Costs committee
Exercise and Sports Science Graduate Admissions Committee
Reviewer / Referee
various peer-reviewed journals in areas of Kinesiology and Psychology of Physical Activity
November 1, 2012-Present
Scholars Day Committee
September 2019-August 2020
Sport and Exercise Psychology Program Committee for the 2020 North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA) Conference
June 2019-June 2020