Faculty Profile for Dr. Lindsay Erin Kipp
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Weiss, M. R., Kipp, L. E., Reichter, A. P., Espinoza, S., & Bolter, N. D. (n.d.). Girls on the Run: Impact of a physical activity youth development program on psychosocial and behavioral outcomes. Pediatric Exercise Science.
- Bolter, N. D., Kipp, L. E., & Johnson, T. (2018). Teaching sportsmanship in physical education and youth sport: Comparing perceptions of teachers with students and coaches with athletes. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 37, 209–217. https://doi.org/10.1123/jtpe.2017-0038
- Bolter, N. D., & Kipp, L. E. (2018). Sportspersonship coaching behaviours, relatedness need satisfaction, and early adolescent athletes’ prosocial and antisocial behaviors. International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 16, 20–35. https://doi.org/10.1080/1612197X.2016.1142461
- Weiss, M. R., & Kipp, L. E. (2018). Relationships rock! How parents, coaches, and peers can optimize girls’ psychological development through sport and physical activity. In Developing physically active girls: A multidisciplinary evidence-based approach (pp. 37–54). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota. Retrieved from http://www.cehd.umn.edu/tuckercenter/research/tcrr2018.html
- Johnson, C., Erwin, H., Kipp, L. E., & Beighle, A. (2017). Student perceived motivational climate, enjoyment, and physical activity in middle school physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 36, 398–408. https://doi.org/10.1123/jtpe.2016-0172
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2016 Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. March 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: The 2014 Research Writing Award, Research Quarterly for Sport and Exercise. March 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: GradSEHD Research Grant, College of Education and Human Development. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA) Student Research Grant. 2011
- Griffin, Luther K (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal), Meaney, Karen S (Co-Principal). Fun & Fit 4 Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5900.00. (Submitted: June 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Meaney, Karen S, Kipp, Lindsay Erin. Cycling4 Fitness and 4Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5400.00. (Submitted: June 2016, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Mettler, Joni A (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay Erin (Co-Principal). Impact of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on physical activity in older adults, Texas State University - Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 2017). Grant.
- Kipp, Lindsay Erin, Griffin, Luther Kent, Meaney, Karen S. Implementation and evaluation of the Texas State University Fun and Fit for Life Program, City of San Marcos Youth Master Plan Grant Program, Municipal, $3000. (Submitted: February 2017, Funded: May 2017 - April 2018). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Meaney, Karen S, Kipp, Lindsay Erin. Cycling4 Fitness and 4Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000.00. (Submitted: June 2016, Funded: January 2017 - December 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Exercise and Sports Science Graduate Admissions Committee
HHP Poster Session Committee
HHP Technology Committee
Exercise and Sport Science Graduate Comprehensive Exam Committee
Reviewer / Referee
various peer-reviewed journals in areas of Kinesiology and Psychology of Physical Activity
November 1, 2012-Present