Faculty Profile for Dr. Kent Griffin
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Griffin, L. K. (2017). Self-determination and the adolescent. In Handbook of the development of self-determination. New York: New York: Springer.
- Griffin, L. K., Hart, M. A., & Wesley, C. (2017). Primal Fitness movement curriculum: A Self-determination perspective. The Physical Educator.
- Krishnan, S., Tokar, T. N., Boylan, M. M., Griffin, L. K., Feng, D., Linda, M., … Cooper, J. A. (2015). Zumba dance improves health in overweight/obese or type 2 diabetic women. The American Journal of Health Behavior, 39(1), 109–120.
- Ferkel, R. C., Judge, L. W., Stodden, D. F., & Griffin, L. K. (2014). The importance of health-related fitness knowledge to increasing physical activity and physical fitness. Physical Educator, 71.
- Ferkel, R. C., Stodden, D. F., & Griffin, L. K. (2014). The importance of health-realted fitness knowledge to increasing physical activity and physical fitness. Physical Educator, 71(2).
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University College of Education. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Learning Faculty Fellow, Texas Tech University. January 1, 1900
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Kipp, Lindsay Erin, Deringer, Stephen Anthony. San Marcos High School Mountain Bike Program, San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth, Municipal, $2000.00. (Funded: April 1, 2019 - May 31, 2020). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther K (Principal), Kipp, Lindsay E (Co-Principal), Meaney, Karen S (Co-Principal). Fun & Fit 4 Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5900.00. (Submitted: June 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Griffin, Luther Kent, Meaney, Karen S, Kipp, Lindsay Erin. Cycling4 Fitness and 4Life, United Way of Hay's County, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5400.00. (Submitted: June 2016, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Deringer, Stephen Anthony (Principal), Griffin, Luther Kent (Co-Principal), Thomas, Krista A (Supporting). Aquarena Spring Outdoor Education Program, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, State, $50000.00. (Funded: June 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018). Grant.
- Kipp, Lindsay Erin, Griffin, Luther Kent, Meaney, Karen S. Implementation and evaluation of the Texas State University Fun and Fit for Life Program, City of San Marcos Youth Master Plan Grant Program, Municipal, $3000. (Submitted: February 2017, Funded: May 2017 - April 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Quality Enhancement Plan comittee
Facutly Advisory Committee
Graduate admissions committee
Texas Parks and Wildlife
Dr. Stephen Anthony Deringer mentoring committee member
August 2018-August 2023