Faculty Profile for Kyle Turner Patek
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Chase, K., Patek, K. T., Walker, J. L., & Mettler, J. A. (n.d.). Predicting Resting Metabolic Rate with Easily Obtained Measures: The Influence of Body Circumference. Translational Journal American College of Sports Medicine.
- Lloyd, L. K., & Patek, K. T. (2017). A Laboratory Textbook of Exercise Physiology. Champaign, IL, United States of America: Stipes Publishing, LLC.
- Lloyd, L. K., & Patek, K. T. (2017). Laboratory Textbook of Exercise Physiology. Peosta, Iowa, United States of America: Eddie Bowers Publishing, Inc.
- Patek, K., Lloyd, L., Schmidt, E., Meaney, K., & Vaughan, P. (2016). Predicting Objectively-Measured Exercise Participation from Motivation and Basic Needs Satisfaction: Does a Mediational Model Exist? Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research, 21(1), 3–24. https://doi.org/10.1111/jabr.12040
- Award / Honor Recipient: Bobcat Preview Namesake, Texas State University. August 1, 2019 - August 31, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Education. February 22, 2017 - August 25, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teacher Appreciation, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority. October 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Graduate Student, Department of Health and Human Performance. February 2013 - May 2013
- Award / Honor Nominee: Outstanding Graduate Student, Department of Health and Human Performance. February 2013 - May 2013
Selected Service Activities
Environment and Sustainability Committee
Health and Human Performance Curriculum Committee
Texas State Weightlifting Team
October 1, 2016-Present
Undergraduate Human Performance Lab
January 1, 2014-Present
Continuity of Education Work Group
May 2020-July 2020