Faculty Profile for Dr. Janet S Hodges
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kim, J., Chun, S., Kim, H., & Hodges, J. (2018). Contribution of leisure participation to personal growth among individuals with physical disabilities. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, 52(3), 201–214.
- Hodges, J. S. (2018, October). Too young to be old. Activities, Adaptation and Aging. Philadelphia, USA: Routledge. https://doi.org/10.1080/01924788.2018.1520482
- Kim, J., Kim, M., Hodges, J., & Han, A. (n.d.). Contribution of leisure activities to health perception, life satisfaction, and self-esteem among Korean individuals with visual impairments. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness.
- Zimmermann, J. M., Hodges, J. S., & Dupree, J. (2014). The delivery of recreation programs: Students gain entry level management skills through service learning.
- Litchke, L. G., & Hodges, J. S. (2014). The Meaning of Now Moments of Engagement in Yoga for Persons With Alzheimer’s Disease. Therapeutic Recreation, 48(3).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Recognition of Campus Support, Retention Management and Planning. January 2017 - December 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors, Alpha Chi. 2012 - 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gradauting Student Recognition, Student Retention, Student Affairs. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: COE Mentoring Award for 2011-2012 with Jo An Zimmermann. January 1, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: COE Mentoring Award for 2011-2012 with Jo An Zimmermann. January 1, 2011
- Hodges, Janet (Co-Principal), Wilhite, B. (Co-Principal). Determining the incidence of obesity in youth with spina bifida., Small Grant Fund, UNT Office of Research & COE Academy, Institutional (Higher Ed), $750. (Submitted: 2002). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Determining the activity patterns and incidence of obesity among youth with spina bifida., Spina Bifida Association of Dallas, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000. (Submitted: 2002, Funded: January 1, 2002 - December 31, 2003). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Cognitive pragmatics of living with Multiple Sclerosis, Junior Faculty Summer Research Fellowships, UNT Office of the Provost, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5000. (Submitted: 2001). Grant.
- Hodges, Janet (Principal). Services and supports for persons with brain injuries, U.S. Department of Education, Federal, $279141. (Submitted: 1998, Funded: January 1, 1998 - December 31, 2001). Grant.