Faculty Profile for Dr. Jo An M Zimmermann-Somoza
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McGrath, R., Tower, J. R., Sibson, R., Adair, D., Bevan, N., Brown, G., … Zimmermann, J. M. (2018). State of Leisure Studies in Australia and New Zealand. World Leisure Journal, 60(1), 58–66. https://doi.org/10.1080/16078055.2017.1343326
- Meaney, K. S., Zimmermann-Somoza, J. A. M., Martinez, G. P., Lu, Y., & McDonald, J. (2017). Champions for Health in the Community: Critical Service Learning, Transformative Education, and Community Empowerment. In In Liston, D. D. & Rahimi, R. (Ed.), Promoting Social Justice Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Bloomington IN, United States: Indiana University Press.
- Walters, S. E., & Zimmermann-Somoza, J. A. M. (2017, September). Making the Case for Adaptive Sports Programming. Parks and Rec Business, 15(12), 51–53.
- Zimmermann-Somoza, J. A. M., & Tower, J. R. (2017). Leisure Management: All about the ‘what and the ‘who.’ World Leisure Journal, 59(1), 2–5. https://doi.org/10.1080/16078055.2016.1277608
- Zimmermann-Somoza, J. A. M., & Davidson, R. (2017). Bugeting. In M. Moiseichik (Ed.), Management in Park and Recreation Agencies 4th Ed. Champaign, IL, USA: Sagamore Publishing. https://doi.org/ISBN e-book: 978-1-57167-810-2
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Teaching for the College of Education., College of Education. February 2018 - May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Educator of the Year, Texas Recreation & Park Society. November 2017 - March 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2012 Seele Education Award, City of New Braunfels. January 1, 2012 - December 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Scholar/Mentor Program, College of Education. January 1, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2011-2012 Service-Learning Initiative Faculty Fellow Award, Texas State University. January 1, 2011 - January 1, 2012
- Zimmermann, J. M.. The nature/status of how practitioners measure effectiveness and/or outcomes in Texas, Texas Recreation & Park Society, Professional Association, $2500.00. (Submitted: September 26, 2018, Funded: October 4, 2018 - October 2019). Grant.
- Meaney, K.S. (Co-Principal), Zimmermann, Jo An (Co-Principal), McDonald, J.D. (Co-Principal). Champions for health in the community, Texas State University San Marcos, Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed), $11441. (Submitted: 2010). Grant.
- Zimmermann, Jo An (Principal). Teaching and Technology Workshop, Institutional (Higher Ed), $1200. (Submitted: 2008). Grant.
- Craike, M. (Co-Principal), Symons, C. (Co-Principal), Zimmermann, Jo An (Co-Principal). A longitudinal study of the individual, social and environmental determinants of sport and physical activity of young women at transitional life stages, Sport and Recreation Victoria, Municipal, $60000. (Submitted: 2007). Grant.
- Zimmermann, Jo An (Principal). Young women's participation in physical activity at transitional life stages., Texas State University San Marcos, Start-up Funds, Institutional (Higher Ed), $12500. (Submitted: 2007). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
World Leisure Organization / Leisure Management Special Interest Group
Mentoring Committee- Dr. Kim
Texas Recreation and Park Society Nomenclature Task Force
Undergraduate Coordinator - Recreational Administration
August 1, 2015-Present