Faculty Profile for Dr. John L Walker
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Chase, K., Patek, K. T., Walker, J. L., & Mettler, J. A. (n.d.). Predicting Resting Metabolic Rate with Easily Obtained Measures: The Influence of Body Circumference. Translational Journal American College of Sports Medicine.
- McCurdy, K. W., & Walker, J. (2019). Comparison of regional hamstrings activation during resistance exercises in females with prior athletic experience. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.2019-0118
- McCurdy, K. W., & Walker, J. L. (2018). Gluteus maximus and hamstring activation during selected resistance exercises. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 32(3), 594–601.
- Walker, J. L., Murray, T. D., Eldridge, J., Squires, W. G., Silvius, P., & Silvius, E. (2016). The association between waist circumference and Fitnessgram aerobic capacity classification in sixth-grade children. Pediatric Exercise Science, 27(4), 488–493.
- McCurdy, K., Walker, J. L., Armstrong, R., & Langford, G. (2016). Relationship between selected measures of strength and hip and knee excursion during unilateral and bilateral landings in women. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 28(9), 2429–2436.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Scholarship, Texas State University - San Marcos, College of Education. January 1, 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Alumnus Award, Department of HPER, Texas State University. January 1, 2005
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Scholarship, Texas State University - San Marcos, College of Education. January 1, 2004
- Award / Honor Recipient: Research Manuscript Reviewer of the Year, Journal of Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science. January 1, 2003
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Scholarly / Creative Activity, Southwest Texas State University Faculty, College of Education. January 1, 1999
- Walker, John (Principal). Research Enhancement Grant: "VO2max and Skinfold Fat Differences in Adolescents Performing the Fit Youth Today 20-Minute Steady-State Jog.", Southwest Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5336. (Submitted: April 1, 1994). Grant.
- Walker, John (Principal). Quantification of the Energy Cost of Sub-maximal Aerobic Exercise from Heart Rate Response in Adolescents, Southwest Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5671. (Submitted: October 1, 1993). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
ESS Undergraduate Program
June 1, 2017-Present
HPER Personnel Committee
January 1, 1999-Present
Texas State Family Campaign
January 15, 2015-May 31, 2021
Faculty Evaluation Committee (FEC)
September 1, 2015-September 1, 2019
HHP Family Campaign
January 1, 2015-September 1, 2019