Faculty Profile for Dr. Kevin W McCurdy
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Donaldson, M. J., McCurdy, K. W., Thomas, S. J., & Myers, N. L. (2020). Does Humeral Torsion Play a Role in Shoulder and Elbow Injury Profiles of Overhead Athletes: A Systematic Review. Journal of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery.
- McAllister, M., & McCurdy, K. W. (n.d.). Acute resistance exercise reduces postprandial lipemia and oxidative stress in resistance-trained men. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- McCurdy, K. W. (n.d.). Resistance Training Adaptations. In NSCA’s Essentials of Personal Training.
- Fisher, S. R., Rigby, J. H., Mettler, J. A., & McCurdy, K. W. (2019). The effectiveness of photobiomodulation therapy versus cryotherapy for skeletal muscle recovery: A critically appraised topic. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 28, 526–531.
- McCurdy, K. W., & Walker, J. (2019). Comparison of regional hamstrings activation during resistance exercises in females with prior athletic experience. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.2019-0118
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities 2012. January 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities. January 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Bronze Award, Hosting the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification Exam, National Strength and Conditioning Association. January 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Nominee: COE nomination for the Presidential Excellence Award in Scholarly / Creative Activities. January 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support program, Nominated by 8 students as a teacher that made a contribution to their academic career. January 1, 2008 - January 1, 2009
- McAllister, Matthew J, McCurdy, Kevin W. Impact of Moderate and High Intensity Resistance Exercise on Postprandial Oxidative Stress, $14080. (Submitted: October 2018, Funded: January 2019 - Present). Grant.
- McCurdy, Kevin (Principal). Effects of High Volume, Low Intensity, Multi-set Squat Protocol on Power Outputs, COE, Texas State University, $500. (Submitted: November 1, 2016). Grant.
- McCurdy, Kevin (Principal). Comparison of hamstring and gluteal muscle activation patterns during resistance exercises, College of Education, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6000. (Submitted: December 1, 2015, Funded: January 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016). Grant.
- Pankey, R.B. (Co-Principal), McCurdy, Kevin (Co-Principal), Knudson, D. (Co-Principal). Computer Technology Upgrades for Biomechanics/Sports Medicine Laboratory in the Department of HHP, Internal Student Computing Resources (SCR) grant for the purchase of hardware and software, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10244. (Submitted: January 1, 2011). Grant.
- Williams, J. (Co-Principal), McCurdy, Kevin (Co-Principal). Effects of Different Types of Exercise on Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Submitted: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College of Education Scholarship Committee
NSCA Sport Science Certification Committee
Reviewer / Referee
January 1, 2019-Present
Mentor Committee Matt McAlister
August 15, 2018-Present
National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification Committee
July 12, 2018-Present