Faculty Profile for Dr. Ting Liu
Biography and EducationDr. Liu is an Associate Professor in the Department of Health and Human Performance. She earned her Ph.D. in Kinesiology from University of Texas at Austin, M.S. in Exercise and Sports Studies from Boise State University, and B.S. in Physical Education from Beijing Sport University. Dr. Liu has established and directed Autism camp since 2010. She received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities in 2014.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Litchke, L. G., Liu, T., & Castro, S. (2018). Effects of multimodal mandala yoga on social and emotional skills for youth with autism spectrum disorder: An exploratory study. International Journal of Yoga, 11(1), 59. Retrieved from 271 Lake Ridge Dr.
- Okuda, P., Swardfager, W., Lucio, P., Ploubidis, G., Liu, T., Pangelinan, M., & Cogo-Moreira, H. (2019). The trajectory of balance skill development from childhood to adolescence was influenced by birthweight: A latent transition analysis in a British birth cohort. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 109, 12–19. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.12.012
- Liu, T., Kelly, J., Davis, L., & Zamora, K. (2019). Nutrition, BMI and motor competence in children with autism spectrum disorder. Medicina, 55(5), 135. https://doi.org/doi:10.3390/medicina55050135
- Liu, T., Kaarengala, V., & Litchke, L. (2019). Motor competence and social function in children with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 19(1), 521–526. https://doi.org/doi:10.7752/jpes.2019.01076
- Knudson, D., Liu, T., Dan Schmidt, D., & Van Mullem, H. (2019). Mentoring tenure-track faculty in kinesiology. Kinesiology Review, 8(4), 312–317. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1123/kr.2019-0041
- Award / Honor Recipient: Everette Swinney Faculty Senate Excellence in Teaching Award. 2019 - 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Health Scholar Showcase: Translational Health Research Poster Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service. 2017
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $9000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $4500. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club Grant, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3500. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. Tommy Wilson Grant, American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $500. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Exercise Science (Assistant Professor) Search Committee
Undergraduate Research Advisor, Honors College
International Advisory Council
Mentoring Committee, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Yumeng Li