Faculty Profile for Dr. Ting Liu
Biography and EducationDr. Liu is an Associate Professor in the Department of Health and Human Performance. She earned her Ph.D. in Kinesiology from University of Texas at Austin, M.S. in Exercise and Sports Studies from Boise State University, and B.S. in Physical Education from Beijing Sport University. Dr. Liu has established and directed Autism camp since 2010. She received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities in 2014.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Okuda, P., Swardfager, W., Lucio, P., Ploubidis, G., Liu, T., Pangelinan, M., & Cogo-Moreira, H. (2019). The trajectory of balance skill development from childhood to adolescence was influenced by birthweight: A latent transition analysis in a British birth cohort. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 109, 12–19. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2018.12.012
- Liu, T., Kelly, J., Davis, L., & Zamora, K. (2019). Nutrition, BMI and motor competence in children with autism spectrum disorder. Medicina, 55(5), 135. https://doi.org/doi:10.3390/medicina55050135
- Liu, T., Kaarengala, V., & Litchke, L. (2019). Motor competence and social function in children with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 19(1), 521–526. https://doi.org/doi:10.7752/jpes.2019.01076
- Okuda, P., Felix, E., Cogo-Moreira, H., Liu, T., Neto, F., Surkan, P., … Caetano. (n.d.). Construct validity of the motor development scale. Trends in Psychiatry and Psychotherapy.
- Hamilton, M., & Liu, T. (2018). Effects of a motor intervention on the gross and fine motor skills of Hispanic low SES pre-k children. Early Childhood Education Journal, 46(2), 223–230.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Health Scholar Showcase: Translational Health Research Poster Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. 2017
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $9000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $4500. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club Grant, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3500. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. The San Marcos Lions Club, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Liu, Ting. Tommy Wilson Grant, American Association for Physical Activity and Recreation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $500. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Exercise Science (Assistant Professor) Search Committee
Undergraduate Research Advisor, Honors College
International Advisory Council
Mentoring Committee, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Yumeng Li
Exercise and Sports Science