Faculty Profile for Dr. Jeff M Housman
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Williams, R. D., Housman, J. M., & Evans, J. L. (2018). Continued reduction of particulate matter in bars six months after adoption of a smoke-free ordinance. Journal of Environmental Health, 81(1), 8–15.
- Williams, R. D., Housman, J. M., Evans, J. L., Bishop, J. M., & Ray, V. M. (2018). Urban and rural adolescents’ points-of-access for alcohol and tobacco. Journal of Community Health, 43(2), 406–411. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1007/s10900-017-0438-0
- Williams, R. D., Housman, J. M., Woolsey, C. L., & Sather, T. E. (2018). High-risk driving behaviors among 12th grade students: Differences between alcohol-only and combined alcohol and energy drink users. Substance Use & Misuse, 53(1), 137–142.
- Williams, R. D., Housman, J. M., Dixon, M. O., & Alissa, R. (2017). Energy drink use linked to high-sugar beverage intake and BMI among teens. American Journal of Health Behavior, 41(3), 259–265.
- Housman, J. M., & Odum, M. (2019). Alters & Schiff Essential Concepts for Healthy Living (8th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. Retrieved from https://www.jblearning.com/catalog/productdetails/9781284152791#productInfo
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Health Educator of the Year, Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, College of Education. January 1, 2014 - December 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Research Poster Presentation, Professional Section, 88th Annual Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Convention. January 1, 2010
- Odum, Mary (Principal), Housman, Jeff M (Co-Principal). Childhood Obesity Prevention for Low-income, Minority Families in San Marcos, Texas, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Housman, Jeff M (Principal), Williams, Ronald D (Co-Principal), McDonald, Jackie (Co-Principal), Evans, Jennifer L (Co-Principal). Tobacco Quit Line Evaluation and Outreach Assistance: The Last Drag Tobacco Cessation Program for LGBT and HIV+ Populations Phase II, Texas Department of State Health Services & Texas A&M University's Center for Community Health Development, State, $5000. (Submitted: January 1, 2016, Funded: August 26, 2015 - July 31, 2016). Grant.
- Housman, Jeff M (Principal), Scott, Kenneth S (Principal). Creating a virtual environment for cue exposure and extinction among a high-risk alcohol abuse population, Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Submitted: January 1, 2015, Funded: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Mentor Committee, Odum, M.
Mentor Committee, Kipp, L.
Faculty Evaluation Committee
April 1, 2015-Present
The Health Educator, Eta Sigma Gamma National Health Education Honorary
January 1, 2015-Present
Editorial Review Board Member
American Journal of Health Studies