Faculty Profile for Dr. Rod Harter
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Anderson, B. L., Harter, R. A., & Farnsworth, J. L. (2021). The acute effects of foam rolling and dynamic stretching on athletic performance: a critically appraised topic. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 30(3), 501–506.
- Garza, R., Reynosa, R., Werner, P. H., Duchaine, E. L., & Harter, R. A. (2019). Developing a Mentoring Framework Through the Examination of Mentoring Paradigms in a Teacher Residency Program. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 44, 1–22.
- Garza, R., Reynosa, R., Werner, P. H., Duchaine, E. L., & Harter, R. A. (2018). Characterizing Mentoring Capital in a Residency Program Through Mentors’ Voices. Mentoring and Tutoring Journal: Partnership in Education, 26(2), 226–244.
- Jo, S., & Harter, R. A. (2017). Muscular Anatomy and Applied Kinesiology of the Upper Extremity. In ACE’s Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals (2nd edition) (pp. 32–67). USA: American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- Jo, S., & Harter, R. A. (2017). Muscular Anatomy and Applied Kinesiology of the Torso and Lower Extremity. In ACE’s Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals (2nd edition) (pp. 68–103). USA: American Council on Exercise (ACE).
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2018 Distinguished Paper Award - Mentorship and Mentoring Practices Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association. April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Advancing Educational Practice Manuscript for 2015, Athletic Training Education Journal. March 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University. September 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 Outstanding Graduate Student Poster Presentation (Major Professor), Southwest Athletic Trainers' Association's 60th Annual Meeting. July 1, 2014 - August 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: "35 Year Service Award", National Athletic Trainers' Association and Southwest Athletic Trainers' Association. July 1, 2012
- Harter, Rod A (Principal), Seidman, S (Principal), Werner, Patrice H (Principal), Garza, Ruben (Co-Principal), Duchaine, Ellen L (Other). Comprehensive Evaluation of the Teacher Residency for Critical Shortage Areas (TRP-CSA) at Texas State University, U.S. Department of Education's Teacher Quality Partnership Program, Federal, $644862. (Funded: 2014 - 2019). Grant.
- Kawamura, Hiroto (Principal), Harter, Rod A (Co-Principal). Comparison of the effects of two recovery methods after collegiate baseball pitching, Graduate College - Thesis Research Support Fellowship, Texas State University, $1915. (Submitted: January 1, 2014, Funded: December 31, 2015). Grant.
- Harter, Rod A (Co-Principal), Thomen, Eugenio (Co-Principal), Darvin-John, Ignacio (Co-Principal). Comparison of the effectiveness of high-dose vs. traditional therapeutic exercise programs in overhead athletes, TheraBand Academy, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000. (Submitted: January 2018, Funded: February 2018 - June 2018). Grant.
- Harter, Rod A (Principal), Mendenhall, Troy (Co-Principal). Comparison of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization and passive stretching to improve glenohumeral range of motion and function, College of Education Faculty-Mentored Graduate Student Research Grant, Texas State University, $490. (Submitted: December 2017, Funded: January 2018 - May 2018). Grant.
- Harter, Rod A (Principal), DeCraene, William (Co-Principal). Role of Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and FMS subscores in the evaluation of neuromuscular deficits associated with chronic ankle instability, College of Education Faculty-Mentored Graduate Student Research Grant, Texas State University, $500. (Submitted: April 2017, Funded: April 2017 - June 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Research Enhancement Program (REP) Committee.
Coordinator, Human Anatomy Laboratory
College Review Group
Mentoring Committee for Dr. Rachel Rolfe
September 1, 2019-Present
September 1, 2019-Present