Faculty Profile for Carolyn Swearingen
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lloyd, L. K., Schmidt, E. A., Swearingen, C. C., & Cavanaugh, A. (n.d.). Genesis of a University-led, Comprehensive Employee Wellness Program in a PreK-12 Setting. The Journal of School Health.
- Lloyd, L. K., Crixell, S. L., Bezner, J. R., Katherine, F., & Swearingen, C. C. (2017). Genesis of an Employee Wellness Program at a Large University. Health Promotion Practice, 18(6), 879–894. https://doi.org/10.1177/1524839917725500
- Lloyd, L. K., Bezner, J. R., Crixell, S. L., & Swearingen, C. C. (2016). Implementing a Cost-effective High-quality Employee Wellness Program in a University Setting: How, When, Where, and Why.
- Swearingen, C. C. (2016). Non-Pretzel Yoga, Activity Session.
- Lloyd, L. K., & Swearingen, C. C. (2016). Phase I: Envisioning and Developing a Comprehensive Employee Wellness Program for the City of San Marcos.”.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support Program, Texas State University. 2007 - 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Case Study Award: Poster presentation accepted for presentation at: Genesis of a University-Led Employee Wellness Program in a K-12 School Setting, The 41st Annual National Wellness Conference;. June 29, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2015 Presidential Awards for Excellence for Service, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Part-Time Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2014 - December 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State Quality Team Award: 2011 Employee Wellness Fair Team, Texas State University. March 2011
- Bezner, J., Lloyd, L. K., Crixell, S. H., Swearingen, Carolyn Cook. Enhancing Physical Activity Programming for Employee Well-being at Texas State University, The 2015 Osteoarthritis Action Alliance Implementation Strategies to Increase Physical Activity among Adults with Osteoarthritis Small Grants Program, $24829.50. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Lloyd, L. K., Clay, C C. Upgrading and Enhancing the Student Human Performance Laboratory: Expanding Opportunities for Field-based Exercise Science Curricular Activities, Student Computing Resources, Texas State University-San Marcos, $13412.90. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Swearingen, Carolyn Cook. GOLD Program: Consultation to enhance online course, ITS Instructional Design, Texas State University-San Marcos. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Clay, Carolyn (Principal). A Prospective Study of Seasonal Variation in Body Weight and Physical Activity in Mexican American Women in Central Texas, Office of Sponsored Programs, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Lloyd, L. K., Clay, C. C.. Upgrading and enhancing the student human performance laboratory: Expanding opportunities for field-based exercise science curricular activities, Student Computing Resources, Texas State University-San Marcos, $10944.51. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Environment & Sustainability Committee
Texas State Employee Wellness Program
Leo John Seitz IV Heart of a Champion Endowment Scholarship Committee
WellCats Advisory Council, Texas State University