Faculty Profile for Dr. Jennifer N Ahrens
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ahrens, J. N. (n.d.). Jack be Nimble and Jack be Quick: Increasing Movement Competence in Childcare Settings.
- Ahrens, J. (2010). Chapter on Aerobic Exercise. In M. R. Lochbaum & D. Rainey (Eds.), Physical activity for todayÂ’s college student. Indianapolis, IN: McGraw-Hill Leaning Solutions.
- Ahrens, J., Miller, S., & LaBuhn, R. (2008). What makes a successful school district? Principal Matters: Excellence through Exchange, 76, 26–28.
- Ahrens, J., Lloyd, L., Crixell, S., & Walker, J. (2007). The effects of caffeine in women during aerobic dance bench stepping. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 7, 27–34.
- Ahrens, J., Crixell, S., Lloyd, L., & Walker, J. (2007). The physiological effects of caffeine in women during treadmill walking. Journal of Strengthening and Conditioning Research, 21(1), 164–168.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National College Honors Society Favorite Professor. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Presidential Awards for Excellence in teaching. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Teacher of the Year- Texas Association Health Physical Education and Dance. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor. August 2017 - December 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Honor Award TAHPERD. January 1, 2017 - June 1, 2017
- Ahrens, Jennifer N. Caminitos Collaborative/ Fine motor progression through a mastery motivational climate, City of San Marcos, Municipal, $4000.00. (Funded: May 2018). Grant.
- Miller, S. (Principal), Ahrens, Jennifer (Co-Principal). The Burgess B.E.A.T- A before school physical activity and recreation program (G), Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: September 1, 2012). Grant.