Faculty Profile for Dr. Eric J Paulson
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Paulson, E. J., & Van Overschelde, J. P. (2021). Accelerated integrated reading and writing: A statewide natural experiment. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 45(1), 13–30. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/10668926.2019.1636733
- Paulson, E. J., Sarker, A. L., Reynolds, J. S., & Cotman, A. M. (2021). Instructors’ voices: Experiences with state-mandated accelerated integrated developmental reading and writing coursework in Texas community colleges. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 51(2), 110–130. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/10790195.2020.1867668
- Amlani, S. A., & Paulson, E. J. (2020). Student experiences with academic services of community colleges in India. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice, 22(2), 298–325. https://doi.org/10.1177/1521025117745483
- Paulson, E. J. (2019). Eye-tracking technology. In J. S. Damico & M. J. Ball (Eds.), The SAGE encyclopedia of human communication sciences and disorders (pp. 737–740). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Paulson, E. J., & Holschuh, J. P. (2018). College Reading. In R. F. Flippo & T. W. Bean (Eds.), Handbook of College Reading and Study Strategy Research (pp. 24–41). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Inducted as a Fellow into the Council of Learning Assistance and Developmental Education Associations (CLADEA), Council of Learning Assistance and Developmental Education Associations (CLADEA). 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Karin G. Smith Special Recognition Award, College Reading and Learning Association. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Michael Wilkerson Service Award for Outstanding Dedication and Contributions to the LGBTQIA Community, Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2012
- Acee, Taylor W (Principal), Hodges, Russell B (Co-Principal), Paulson, Eric J (Co-Principal). Investigating the effectiveness of learning frameworks courses at supporting student success in Texas Public Community Colleges, Greater Texas Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $315837. (Funded: 2021 - Present). Grant.
- Paulson, Eric J (Principal), Holschuh, Jodi Patrick (Co-Principal). Postsecondary Educator Micro-Credentials: Best Practices for Teaching and Learning, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $400000. (Funded: 2021 - 2023). Grant.
- Acee, Taylor (Principal), Hodges, Russell (Co-Principal), Paulson, Eric J (Co-Principal), Van Overschelde, Jim (Co-Principal). Investigating the Effectiveness of Learning Frameworks Courses at Supporting Student Success in Texas Public Community Colleges, Greater Texas Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $315837. (Funded: 2021 - 2023). Grant.
- Paulson, Eric J (Principal), Van Overschelde, James P (Co-Principal), Wiggins, Afi (Co-Principal). Sealing the Pipeline Leak: The Impact of Developmental Integrated Reading & Writing (IRW) Instruction on Education Outcomes for Students Enrolled in Texas Community Colleges, Greater Texas Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $156790.92. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: January 2017 - June 2018). Grant.
- Paulson, Eric J (Principal), Mireles, Selina Vasquez (Co-Principal), Acee, Taylor (Co-Principal). Evaluation of the Adult Basic Education-Innovation Program., Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board., $299895. (Funded: 2011 - 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Developmental Education Research Committee
Managing Textbook Costs
Developmental Education Marketing Committee
Institutional Review Board
Quality Enhancement Plan Task Force