Faculty Profile for Dr. Kristina Henry Collins
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Collins, K. H., Joesph, N., & Ford, D. Y. (2020). Missing in Action: Gifted, Black Girls in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Gifted Child Today, 43(1), 55–63. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1177/1076217519880593
- Cano Amaya, L., Betancourt, T., Collins, K. H., Hinojosa, O., & Corona, C. (2018). Undergraduate Research Experiences - Mentoring, Awareness, and Perceptions: A Case Study at a Hispanic Serving Institution. International Journal of STEM Education, 5, 9. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40594-018-0105-8
- Collins, K. H. (2018). Confronting colorblind STEM talent development: Toward a contextual model for Black student STEM identity. Journal of Advanced Academics, 9(2), 143–168. https://doi.org/10.1177/1932202X18757958
- Collins, K. H., & Kendrick-Dunn, T. B. (n.d.). Integrating Cultural Capital & Creativity in Assessment for Recruitment and Retention of Gifted, Black Students in Gifted Education. In Identifying and Serving Diverse Gifted Learners: Meeting the Needs of Special Populations in Gifted Education. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Nickerson, A., & Collins, K. H. (2019). Nurturing culturally-responsive STEM talent in gifted girls. Teaching for High Potential, (November), 6–9. Retrieved from https://www.nagc.org/sites/default/files/Publication%20THP/Misc_PDFs/THP_Fall_2019_NurturingCulturally-ResponsiveSTEMTalent.pdf
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Learning Excellence Fellow, Texas State University. 2016 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: "Multicultural Curriculum Transformation and Research Institute Award, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2015 TAGT Conference Scholar, Texas Association for Giffted and Talented. November 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Mentor Award & Advisor of the Year, National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), Univeristy of Georgia. 2014
- Collins, Kristina Henry. General Mills Foundation Community Action Grant, $8000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Collins, Kristina Henry. Liberal arts cultural diversity program and study abroad curriculum, $20000. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Collins, Kristina Henry (Principal), Cano Amaya, Laura (Co-Principal). Mentoring Matters STEM Learning Communities, Equity & Access Committee, Texas State University, $5000.00. (Funded: January 18, 2018 - June 30, 2018). Grant.
- Roundtree, Aimee Kendall (Other), Close, Hunter G (Other), Zong, Ziliang (Other), Collins, Kristina Henry, Kim, MiHyun, Guirguis, Mina S. Coding Across the Disciplines: Computer Science Collaborative in Texas, WeTeach CS Program at UT Austin’s Center for STEM Education, Institutional (Higher Ed), $100000. (Submitted: January 9, 2017, Funded: January 13, 2017 - August 15, 2017). Grant.
- Zong, Ziliang (Principal), Roundtree, Aimee (Co-Principal), Collins, Kristina Henry (Co-Principal). Building Capacity and Partnerships for Improving K-12 Computer Science Education, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: August 2016 - July 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), Inc.
Editoral Committee, Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), Inc.
Board of Directors, National Association for Gifted Children
Editorial Review Board Member
International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (IJTLHE)
Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), Inc.
January 2018-January 2020