Faculty Profile for Dr. Christopher Lee Milk
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Milk, C. L., Rubio, B., & Alvarez-Sims, L. (2020). BUILDING CONFIDENCE THROUGH CULTURALLY SUSTAINING SPACES FOR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS. Transcontinental Human Trajectories (TraHs), 8(December 2020).
- Rubio, B., Milk, C. L., & Bell, R. (2020). Decolonial Latinx Critical Educational Leadership Development through a Community-Based Partnership. In Handbook of Urban Educational Leadership, 2nd Ed. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Milk, C. L. (2017). Relational professionalism in a bilingual teacher association: Promoting occupational identities and pedagogic agency. Bilingual Research Journal, 40(3), 304–317.
- Milk, C. L. (2014). Racial narratives in relational organizing: Latina epistemologies in a bilingual school. Anthropology and Education Quarterly.
- Milk, C. L. (2013). Problem-posing interstitial narratives in community organizing: Working class Latina families as significant narrators. Perspectives.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Example Program in Community Partnerships, Excelencia in Education. February 15, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognition for Best Facilitator, University of Texas - Austin. 2011
Selected Service Activities
Social justice curriculum rewrite
September 2021-December 2021
Academia Cuauhtli - Curriculum Development
June 2021-December 2021
Nuestro Grupo/ Academia Cuauhtli
January 2015-December 2021
Sociocultural Approaches to Education Committee - propose new course
June 2021-August 2021
Faculty of Color
September 2019-June 2021