Faculty Profile for Dr. Ellen Duchaine
Teaching InterestsTeaching Students with Challenging Behaviors (E/BD)
Teaching Reading and Writing to Students with Disabilities
Universal Design for Learning & Differentiated Instruction
Direct 'Interactive' Instruction
Building Acceptance within the Classroom
Research InterestsEffective Instruction
Teacher Prep to Meet the Special Education Needs of Students
Understanding the Lives of Individuals with Disabilities
Authentic Assessments in Teacher Preparation
Influence of Courses with a Focus on a Multicultural Perspective
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Duchaine, E. L., Reynosa, R. J., & Garza, R. (2021). Secondary Mathematics and Science Teachers Prepared for Inclusion. Insights into Learning Disabilities: From Prevailing Theories to Validated Practices, 19(2), 103–126.
- Duchaine, E. L. (2020). How to Plan for Success in Co-teaching Environments. In Mastering the Art of Co-teaching.
- Duchaine, E. L. (2019). Advancing the Social Standing of Students from Educationally At-risk Populations: Students who Learn, Look, Speak, Behave, or Believe Differently. In Acceptance, Understanding, and the Moral Imperative of Promoting Social Justice Education in the Schoolhouse. Wilmington, Delaware: Vernon Press. Retrieved from www.vernonpress.com
- Duchaine, E. L., & Fain, A. C. (2018). The Inclusive Classroom: Engaging All Students. In Stars in the Schoohouse: Teaching Practices and Approaches that Make a Difference (pp. 31–52). Wilmington, DE, USA: Vernon Press. Retrieved from www.vernonpress.com
- Duchaine, E. L. (2018). Personal Dependability: On the Way to Adulthood. In The Turbulent Times: Confronting Challenges in Emerging Adulthood. Madison, WI: Atwood Publishing.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. December 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Awards for Excellence in Scholarship, College of Education. February 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Awards for Excellence in Teaching, College of Education. February 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2018
- Harter, Rod A (Principal), Seidman, S (Principal), Werner, Patrice H (Principal), Garza, Ruben (Co-Principal), Duchaine, Ellen L (Other). Comprehensive Evaluation of the Teacher Residency for Critical Shortage Areas (TRP-CSA) at Texas State University, U.S. Department of Education's Teacher Quality Partnership Program, Federal, $644862. (Funded: 2014 - 2019). Grant.
- Harter, Rod A (Principal), Garza, Ruben (Co-Principal), Seidman, S. (Principal), Werner, Patrice H (Principal), Duchaine, Ellen L (Other). Teaching Residency for Critical Shortage Areas (TRP-CSA), U.S. Department of Education's Teacher Quality Partnerships Programs, Federal, $2730342. (Funded: 2011 - 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Learning Disabilities: A Comtemporary Journal
Honor's Thesis Supervisor
Dissertation Committee Member
University of Cologne
Special Education Program Course Alignment
Graduate Elementary Program