Faculty Profile for Dr. Russ Lang
Biography and EducationDr. Lang earned a PhD in Special Education with an emphasis in Autism and Developmental Disabilities from the University of Texas at Austin and is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral Level (BCBA-D). He is the executive director of Texas State University's Clinic for Autism Research Evaluation and Support (CARES).
Teaching InterestsApplied Behavior Analysis
Ethics in the Treatment of ASD
Research InterestsEducation and treatment of people with developmental and intellectual disability
Applied Behavior Analysis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ledbetter-Cho, K. E., O’Reilly, M., Watkins, L., Lang, R. B., Lim, N., Davenport, K. E., & Murphy, C. B. (2020). The effects of teacher-implemented video-enhanced activity schedules on the mathematical skills and collateral behaviors of students with autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-020-04495-3
- Lang, R. B., Liu, T., & Ledbetter-Cho, K. E. (2018). Exercise in autism. In F. R. Volkmar (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders. New York, US: Springer Publishing Company. https://doi.org/doi:10.1007/978-1-4614-6435-8_102189-1
- Scheuermann, B., Webber, J., & Lang, R. B. (2018). Autism: Teaching Makes a Difference (2nd ed.). Boston, MA, United States: Cengage. Retrieved from https://www.cengage.com/c/autism-teaching-makes-a-difference-2e-scheuermann
- Lang, R., Muharib, R. A., Rispoli, M., & Mclay, L. (2022). Suggestions for training preservice practitioners to critically appraise research using EBCAI’s research commentaries. Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention.
- Muharib, R. A., Voggt, A. P., Wood, C. L., Pennington, R. C., & Lang, R. B. (2021). Further evaluation of a multiple schedule thinning procedure following functional communication training in a school setting. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 5, 204–217. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41252-021-00196-9
- Award / Honor Recipient: 14 Acknowledgement Letters from the Graduating Student Recognition of Support Program. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University’s Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching (Associate/Full Professor Level), Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Excellence in Peer Reviewing, Elsevier. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Service, Texas State University. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2013
- Lang, Russell B (Principal), Davenport, Katy Elaine (Co-Principal). CARES' Applied Behavior Analysis Educator Training Program AGP Category: Board-certified Behavior Analyst Training for Teachers/Paraprofessional, THECB, Institutional (Higher Ed), $286701. (Funded: June 2022). Grant.
- Lang, Russell B (Principal), Davenport, Katy Elaine (Co-Principal). Autism Training Targeted to the Personnel of the DFPS Child Protective Services, Texas Health and Human Service Commission (HHSC), State of Texas, $35000. (Funded: August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Lang, Russell (Co-Principal). First Responders Autism Awareness Training Program, Health and Human Service Commission's Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, State, $20000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Lang, Russell (Principal). TEA: Texas Autism Resource Guide for Effective Teaching (TARGET), Texas Education Agency Education Service Center Region XIII, State, $3500. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Lang, Russell (Principal). Lag Schedules of Reinforcement to Teach Play Skills to Children with ASD, Organization for Autism Research, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $29278. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Action Behavior Centers
University of Canterbury and University of Auckland, International Advisory Board
Editorial Review Board Member
American Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Presidential Excellence Award Selection Committee
Special Interest Group for Texas Association Behavior Analysis Public Policy