Faculty Profile for Dr. Jodi P Holschuh
Biography and EducationPh.D., University of Georgia
Major: Reading Education
Dissertation: Epistemological Beliefs in Introductory Biology: Addressing Measurement Concerns and Exploring the Relationship with Strategy Use
M.A., University of Georgia
Major: Reading Education
Thesis: The Effects of Feedback on Annotation Quality and Test Performance
B.A., The Pennsylvania State University
Major: English/Writing Option
Research InterestsReading, developmental education, learning strategies, disciplinary literacy, college success, college reading, academic literacy
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Reynolds, T., Rush, L. S., Lampi, J. P., & Holschuh, J. P. (2020). English Disciplinary Literacy: Enhancing Students’ Literary Interpretive Moves. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy, 64(6), 201–209. https://doi.org/10.1002/jaal.1066
- Lampi, J. P., Holschuh, J. P., Reynolds, T., & Rush, L. S. (2019). Using Disciplinary Approaches for Reading Literary Texts in Developmental Literacy Courses. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 49(3), 244–251. https://doi.org/10.1080/10790195.2019.1631231
- Holschuh, J. P. (2019). College Reading and Studying: The Complexity of Academic Literacy Task Demands. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy, 62(6), 599–604. https://doi.org/10.1002/jaal.876
- Perin, D., & Holschuh, J. P. (2019). Teaching Academically Underprepared Postsecondary Students. Review of Research in Education, 43(1), 363–393. https://doi.org/10.3102/0091732x18821114
- Holschuh, J. P., & Lampi, J. P. (2018). Comprehension. In In R.F. Flippo and T. W. Bean (Eds.), Handbook of College Reading and Study Strategy Research (pp. 118–142). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Honor Society Favorite Professors for 2014, Alpha Chi Honor Society. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Presidential Awards Program for Teaching. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Named as a person at Texas State who made a contribution to the academic career of former student, Texas State University. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education Scholar/Mentor Program, Mentor for Dr. Taylor Acee, Texas State University. 2012 - 2013
- Holschuh, Jodi P (Co-Principal), Rush, Leslie, Lampi, Jodi, Reynoids, Todd. Experts and Novices Reading Literature: An Analysis of Disciplinary Literacy in English/Language Arts, Literacy Research Center and Clinic, University of Wyoming, $7990. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Holschuh, Jodi P (Principal), Paulson, Eric (Co-Principal). Textbook Usability Study, Pearson Education, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3750. (Submitted: January 1, 2010). Grant.
- Holschuh, Jodi (Principal). Research Enhancement Program Grant: Academic Vocabulary: Analyzing College Texts and Creating Post-Secondary Vocabulary Lists, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $8000. (Submitted: 2009). Grant.
- Holschuh, Jodi (Principal). My Undergraduate Semester: Examining Academic Tasks in Todayå's Undergraduate Courses, President's Venture Fund, University of Georgia, Institutional (Higher Ed), $4500. (Submitted: 2008). Grant.
- Holschuh, Jodi (Principal). Grant for materials and expenses for teaching and learning seminars in Tallinn, Estonia, President's Venture Fund, University of Georgia, Institutional (Higher Ed), $500. (Submitted: 2004). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Campus Facilities Committee
Assistant Dean for Faculty Development and Strategic Planning
College of Education
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy
Faculty Development Advisory Committee
COE College Council