Faculty Profile for Dr. Russell B Hodges
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Agee, K., Hodges, R. B., & Castillo, A. M. (2018). Program Management. In Handbook for college reading and study strategy research (pp. 293–314). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Hodges, R. B., Acee, T. W., Jarrett, S., Leblanc, R., Lin, Y., Castillo, A., … Flaggs, D. (2019). Charcteristics of learning frameworks courses in Texas public community colleges. Journal of College Academic Support Porgams, 2(1), 7–18.
- Hodges, R. B., Miller Payne, E., Morgan, K., Johnson-Ashton, K., & Leblanc, R. T. (2019). Salient factors for student success through a learning frameworks course. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 42(2), 129–145.
- Hodges, R. B., Payne, E. M., Morgan, K., Johnson-Ashton, K., & Leblanc, R. (2019). Salient factors for student success through a learning framework course. Journal of College Reading and Learning Association, 49(2), 129–145.
- Hodges, R. B., Payne, E. M., & Hernandez, P. (2018). CLADEA-Endorsed Certification Programs. In A Modern Guide for Learning Assistance Professionals in Higher Education (pp. 125–139). Bentonville, AK, USA: OGHNA Creative Media.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Award, Office of Equity and Inclusion; Office of the President. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University Alumni Association (given to all Spring 2020 instructors of record). 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Recognition Award 2019-2020, Office of Disability Services. 2019 - 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Award, Texas State Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Award, Texas State Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2017
- Hodges, R. (Principal). University Seminar research for special collection of monographs. Library Enhancement Grant, Texas State University-San Marcos, $1060. (Funded: 2006). Grant.
- Hodges, R. (Principal). Effective learning: Integrating computer-based instruction. Merrick Instructional Enhancement Grant, Texas State University-San Marcos. (Funded: 1999). Grant.
- Dochen, C. W. (Principal), Hodges, R. (Co-Principal). Breaking the rules: When supplemental instruction becomes mandatory, School of Education Faculty Research Grant, $1176. (Funded: 1996). Grant.
- Paulson, E. (Principal), Acee, T. (Co-Principal), Caverly, D. (Co-Principal), Holschuh, J. (Co-Principal), Hodges, R. (Co-Principal), Mireles, S. V. (Co-Principal), Payne, E. M. (Co-Principal). Construction of a Credentialing Model for Developmental Education in the State of Texas, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, $75000. (Funded: 2011 - 2012). Grant.
- Mireles, S. V (Principal), Payne, E. M (Co-Principal), Hodges, Russell (Co-Principal), Caverly, D. C (Co-Principal). Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Developmental Education Demonstration Projects for Public Universities. FOCUS: Fundamentals of conceptual understanding & success., Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $600000. (Submitted: 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College Academic Support Programs 2021 Conference
Graduate Program in Developmental Education Resource Room
Alice Christ Memorial Research and Scholars Library Scholarship
Journal of College Academic Support Programs (online journal)
Advisory Board Member for Student Support Services New STEM Program