Faculty Profile for Dr. Shannon Rae Dean
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Sevart, A., & Dean, S. R. (n.d.). Different perspectives on higher education: From Germany to the United States. Journal of International Students.
- Perry, A., Dean, S. R., & Hill, A. (n.d.). New faculty transitions and obstacles: An auto-ethnographic exploration. The Journal of the Professoriate.
- Boss, G., Linder, C., Martin, J., Dean, S. R., & Fitzer, J. (2018). Conscientious Practice: Post-master’s Student Affairs Professionals’ Perspectives on Engaging Social Justice. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 55(4), 373–385.
- Carillo, V., & Dean, S. R. (2018). Chicana feminism in Latina college access: A literature review. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 1–12.
- Dean, S. (2017). Development and validation of a multicultural consciousness instrument for traditional-age college students. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 54(2), 175–188.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Doctoral Student of the Year, University of Georgia. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Award, Assessment Team, University of Georgia. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Award - Cultural Awareness Team, Baylor University. 2006
- Dean, Shannon Rae (Principal), Haber-Curran, P.. Research Enhancement Program., Office of the Provost, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Linder, C. (Principal), Martin, J., Dean, Shannon Rae, Jones, G.. National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). Foundation Grant, $2000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Dean, Shannon Rae. Structural Equation Modeling Workshop., College of Education Research Office, The University of Georgia, $1099. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Dean, Shannon Rae. Longitudinal Data Analysis Workshop., College of Education Research Office, The University of Georgia, $650. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Dean, Shannon Rae. Travel Grant, College of Education, The University of Georgia, $500. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Graduate Assistant Review Committee
Annual Review PPS Review Committee
CAS & Grad Prep Program Work Team
Graduate Student Support Team
Recruitment for Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) at NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education Conference