Faculty Profile for Dr. Robert F Reardon
Biography and EducationBorn in Charlotte, NC. Spent 26 years working as an engineer in chemical industry.
Research InterestsInformal and situated learning. Impact of culture on workplace learning
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Boone, M. D., Fite, K., & Reardon, R. (2015). Spirituality and the practice of educational leadership. Journal of Philosophy and History of Education, 65(1), 95–107.
- Patrick, S., Beckenbach, J., Sells, J., & Reardon, R. F. (2013). An Empirical investigation into justice, grace, and forgiveness: Paths to relationship satisfaction. The Family Journal, 21(2), 146–153. https://doi.org/10.1177/1066480712466540
- Reardon, R. F. (2013). Changing demographics in the United States and its expected impact on workplace learning. PAACE Journal of Lifelong Learning, 22, 41–62.
- Trad, M., Reardon, R. F., & Caraveo, M. (2013). University students’ understanding of HPV and the future implications of contracting the virus. Radiologic Technology, 84(5), 457–466.
- Payne, E. M., Reardon, R. F., Jansek, D. M., Lorenz, M., & Lampi, J. P. (2013). Impact on student performance: Texas adult education teacher credential study preliminary results (The Texas Adult Education Credential Project Texas State University-San Marcos).
- Award / Honor Recipient: 5th Annual Award for Excellence in Online Teaching (runner-up), Office of Distance and Extended Learning, Texas State University. January 22, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2018, Alpha Chi. November 9, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Gary Leach Award, American Institute of Chemical Engineers. August 1, 2015
- Feakes, Debra A (Principal), Reardon, Robert F, Dochen, Carol. Self-Efficacy and Student Characteristics as Predictors of Success for Supplemental Instruction Programs in Undergraduate Chemistry Education, National Science Foundation, $199976. (Funded: September 1, 2010 - August 31, 2013). Grant.
- Feakes, Debra (Principal), Reardon, Robert (Co-Principal), Dochen, Carol W (Co-Principal). Self-efficacy and student characteristics as predictors of success for Supplemental Instruction programs in undergraduate chemistry education, Course, Curriculum and Laboratory Improvement Program, National Science Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $199976. (Submitted: August 1, 2010, Funded: August 1, 2010 - July 31, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Search Committee - APCE Faculty
September 1, 2018-Present
Annual Review PPS for CLAS
September 1, 2018-Present
January 1, 2018-Present
January 1, 2011-Present
Editorial Board: Pennsylvania Association of Adult Continuing Education (PAACE) Journal of Lifelong Learning
January 1, 2010-Present