Faculty Profile for Dr. Larry R Price
Biography and EducationDr. Price is also Professor of Psychometrics & Statistics with faculty appointments in the College of Education and Department of Mathematics (by courtesy). Prior to arriving at Texas State University, he served as a Senior Psychometrician and Statistician for the Emory University School Medicine, Departments of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and Psychology from 1996 to 1999. Between 1999 and 2002, Dr. Price was employed at The Psychological Corporation in San Antonio as a Psychometrician/Statistician where his work focused on improving the psychometric properties of the Wechsler Scales of Intelligence Memory (e.g., WISC-III, WISC-IV, WMS-III, and WPPSI-III), and Achievement (WIAT-II) and other psychological measures such as the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) and Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals (CELF-IV). Dr. Price is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Division 5 – Evaluation, Measurement & Statistics, and Accredited Professional Statistician of the American Statistical Association. He has presented, published in and/or reviews for publications such as Structural Equation Modeling, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Journal of Educational & Behavioral Statistics, Psychological Assessment, Neuroimage, Human Brain Mapping, Elementary School Journal, Journal of Experimental Education, and The Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology and the Oxford Handbook of Quantitative Methods. He is author of Psychometric Methods: Theory into Practice published in 2017 by The Guilford Press, New York.
Research InterestsDeveloping new psychometric and statistical methods;
Developing new methods and modeling strategies for imaging neuroscience; Test development and validation; Reliability
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Price, L. R. (2018). Performance of Nonrecursive Latent Variable Models Under Misspecification. Structural Equation Modeling, 1–12. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1080/10705511.2018.1463164
- Kotkowski, E., Price, L. R., Fox, M., Vanasse, T. J., & Fox, P. T. (2018). The hippcampal network model: A transdiagnostic metaconnectomic approach. Neuroimage: Clinical, 18, 115–129. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2018.01.002
- Kotkowski, E., & Price, L. R. (n.d.). The hippcampal network model: A transdiagnostic metaconnectomic approach. Neuroimage: Clinical.
- Price, L. R. (2017). Psychometric Methods: Theory into Practice. New York, NY: The Guilford Press. Retrieved from https://www.guilford.com/books/Psychometric-Methods/Larry-Price/9781462524778/author
- Murphey, C., & Price, L. R. (2017). Psychological distress in healthy low-risk first-time mothers during the postpartum period: An exploratory study. https://doi.org/https://doi/10.1155/2017/8415083
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, IEEE/IAPR International Conference on Biometrics. 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: E. F. Lindquist, American Educational Research Association, Division D – Measurement & Research Methodology. 2010
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runner-up for the University Level Presidential Award in Research & Scholarly Activity, College of Education, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2009
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runner-up for the University Level Presidential Award in Research & Scholarly Activity, College of Education, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2006
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runner-up for the University Level Presidential Award in Research & Scholarly Activity, College of Education, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2005
- Price, Larry (Principal). Efficacy of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) for Treatment of Insomnia Disorder: A Polysomnography Study, Electromedical Products International, Inc., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $100000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Price, Larry R (Co-Principal). Texas Trends: Towards Developing an Interdisciplinary, Sustained research Network in Land Change at Texas State University, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $25000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Price, Larry (Principal). Mix It Up: Correlated Space Science and Math, Teacher Quality grant, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $87000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Price, Larry (Principal). Mix It Up: Correlated Space Science and Math, Teacher Quality grant, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, State, $87000. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
- Price, Larry (Principal). University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Research Imaging Center - Course Professor for structural equation modeling, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Funded: June 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Methodology, Measurement and Statistical Analysis
Reviewer / Referee
Educational and Psychological Measurement
Editorial Review Board Member
International Journal of Behavior Development
January 15, 2016-Present
Director of Interdisciplinary Research Design and Analysis Â university-wide appointment by the Office of the Provost for developing competitively funded interdisciplinary research proposals
Editorial Board, Journal of Experimental Education, Routledge Publishers