Faculty Profile for Dr. Michael P O'Malley
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- O’Malley, M. P., & Long, T. A. (2017). Public educational policy as performance: A queer analysis. In M. D. Young & S. Diem (Eds.), Critical approaches to education policy analysis: Moving beyond tradition (pp. 63–82). New York, NY: Springer.
- O’Malley, M. P., & Capper, C. A. (2015). A measure of the quality of educational leadership programs for social justice: Integrating LGBTIQ identities into principal preparation. Educational Administration Quarterly, 51(2), 290–330. https://doi.org/DOI:10.1177/0013161X14532468
- O’Malley, M. P., Long, T. A., & King, J. (2015). What do you do all day?!: Navigating the challenges of school leadership as an early career principal. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 18(2), 107–121. https://doi.org/10.1177/1555458915584673
- O’Malley, M. P., & Nelson, S. W. (2013). The public pedagogy of student activists in Chile: What have we learned from the Penguins’ Revolution? Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 29(2), 41–56. Retrieved from http://journal.jctonline.org/index.php/jct/article/view/472
- Sandlin, J. A., O’Malley, M. P., & Burdick, J. (2011). Mapping the complexities of public pedagogy scholarship: 1894-2010. Review of Educational Research, 81(3), 338–375. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3102/0034654311413395
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University. April 2017 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. September 2013 - December 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Scholarship, Associate Professor/Professor Category, Texas State University. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award in Teaching, Associate Professor/Full Professor Category, College of Education, Texas State University. January 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Scholarship, Assistant Professor/Lecturer Category, Texas State University. 2011
- Negrete Lagos, B C (Principal), Lara Morales, P R, Gainer, Jesse S (Co-Principal), Lopez, Minda Morren (Co-Principal), Colegrove, Kiyomi Sanchez-Suzuki, O'Malley, Michael P. Migration, Inclusion & Diversity in Texan and Chilean K-12 Schools and Local Communities: MID Texas-Chile Project, 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund Grant, public-private sector collaboration between the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Embassies, Partners of the Americas, NAFSA, corporations, and foundations working together to stimulate new higher education partnerships between the United States and the rest of the Western Hemisphere., $24300. (Submitted: June 2018, Funded: November 2018 - Present). Grant.
- O'Malley, Michael P (Principal), Alemán, J.. Papi: Understanding the Tejano Father Identity and His Role Within the Mexican American Family, Community, and School Experience Through a Postcolonial Lens, College of Education Graduate Student Research Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $500. (Submitted: January 1, 2011, Funded: 2011). Grant.
- O'Malley, Michael P (Principal). Curriculum leadership symposia, College of Education, University of Central Florida Initiative Funding, Institutional (Higher Ed), $3520. (Submitted: November 1, 2006, Funded: 2006). Grant.
- O'Malley, Michael P (Principal). Leadership and educational action resource network: Building an educational research and improvement partnership in Chile, Embassy of the United State of America: Santiago de Chile, Federal, $10000. (Funded: July 1, 2015 - September 25, 2015). Grant.
- O'Malley, Michael P (Principal), Long, Tanya A (Co-Principal). Leadership and Education Action Resource Network: Binational Graduate Student Collaboration for Educational Improvement in Chile (Project LEARN-Chile), 100,000 Strong in the Americas, Federal, $25000. (Funded: May 1, 2015 - April 30, 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College of Education Tenure & Promotion Review Group. Texas State University
College of Education Primary Contact, Texas State University
College Council, College of Education, Texas State University
Council of Chairs, Texas State University
CLAS Department Personnel Committee, Texas State University