Faculty Profile for Dr. Jon Lasser
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Dennison, A., Lasser, J. S., Madres, D. A., & Lerma, Y. (2020). Understanding Families Who Choose to Homeschool: Agency in Context. School Psychology, 35(1), 20–27. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1037/spq0000341
- Lasser, J. S., Ryser, G. R., Borrego, D., Reyes, K., Pruin, J., Randolph, P., … Hale, L. (2020). Contemporary College Students’ Attitudes About Deception in Research. Ethics & Human Research.
- Lasser, J. S. (2020). Consultation with Teachers about Diverse Student Populations. American Psychological Association.
- Lasser, J. S., Klose, L. M., & Corley, K. (2020). Thriving in Private Practice and as an Independent Consultant. In Handbook of University and Professional Careers in School Psychology. New York: Routledge.
- Lecheler, M., Lasser, J. S., Vaughan, P. W., Jesi, L., Kirstina, O., & Michelle, B. (2020). A Matter of Perspective: Theory of Mind Autism Intervention for Adolescents. International Journal of Developmental Disabilties.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Featured Author, The San Antonio Children's Museum (The DoSeum). 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Ranked #7 of the most productive faculty scholars in specialist level programs, Research and Practice in the Schools. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Seminar Duo Award, PACE Mentoring and Academic Coaching. 2016
- Thomas, Cathy, Lasser, Jon S, Collins, Alyson Alexander. Partnering Assessment and Intervention Responsiveness in Interdisciplinary Teams (PAIR-IT), Federal, $1208096. (Submitted: July 8, 2019, Funded: October 1, 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Vega, D (Principal), Lasser, Jon (Co-Principal). Family-School Partnership and Latinos: An Examination of School Psychologists' Attitudes and Actions, Faculty Pilot Research Grant Application, College of Education, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2750. (Submitted: January 1, 2015). Grant.
- Plotts, C. (Principal), Lasser, Jon (Co-Principal). Project SUPERB: Scholars Using Psychology and Education to Reach Bilinguals, Office of Special Education's Combined Priority for Personnel Preparation (CFDA 84.325K), Focus area D: Training Programs for Minority Institutions, Federal, $1045759. (Submitted: January 1, 2014). Grant.
- Lasser, Jon (Principal), McCabe, D. (Co-Principal), Wuestenberg, P. (Co-Principal). Global Odyssey Film Series, Texas State Univeristy Equity and Access Grant, Institutional (Higher Ed), $3000. (Submitted: January 1, 2012). Grant.
- Lasser, Jon (Principal), Summers, E. (Co-Principal). The effects of healthy girl-produced media on female adolescentså' self-efficacy and beauty perceptions, Faculty Pilot Research Grant Application, College of Education, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $4218. (Submitted: January 1, 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Annual Review Appeals Committee
Center for Diversity and Gender Studies Advisory Council
Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation
School Psychology International